No announcement yet.

Kennedale closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is such a moving target, of sorts. One minute, they're closing...nothing beyond this year, next thing ya know, the event schedule for 2017 is out.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

gone
      ** TEXAS RACEWAY UPDATE **

We had planned to race in 2017 but due to circumstances beyond our control it’s no longer an option. We are saddened by this situation but as I was reminded recently “Sometimes life isn’t fair”. As a result, Texas Raceway will not reopen for drag racing.

We want to thank you the racers, fans, our race crew and staff for their support all these years. It’s been a wonderful 15 seasons. We want to thank Gaylen Smith and Shan Morgan for their time and their dedication they bring to this sport. These folks have always supported the racers. We hope you will continue to support Texas Outlaw Pro Mod’s and the Redemption No Prep Series. We also want to thank our sponsors who have supported us. Painless Performance Products has been a very good friend to the track and continues to support racers and hot rod enthusiasts. Reher - Morrison has always backed the track and racers. Smith Motorsport, Brink Racecraft and RockAuto.com have been great supporters. Tom Carrell; Crowley Service Center has been sponsoring the street program for years and to all those that have helped the track in so many ways; thank you.

As my dad once said; “May you lights always be green, your motor never blow up and your win light always on.”

Happy trails
      Cindi & Dave
      Texas Raceway
      1961 - 2017

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

Comment

just saw that.... they done.....

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

dammit
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I was just about to post about this. This fucking sucks. I have great memories going back almost 30 years out there.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

well shit.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

game over man
                WH

Comment

damn that sucks. Got my son all excited about going in a few weeks.

Sucks also cause Summit Racing Warehouse opening soon. Perfect tie-in.
                  Last edited by Murph Tang; 02-28-2017, 11:09 AM.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                    damn that sucks. Got my son all excited about going in a few weeks.

Sucks also cause Summit Racing Warehouse opening soon. Perfect tie-in.
                    denton march 3 and 23 i think will be open
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Well I guess Denton (Northstar) is now going to start getting much bigger crowds and the wait times to run will go thru the roof. That sucks. Last time I took my Buick down a track was at Kennedale. Pretty soon there won't be any tracks left in North Texas....yeah...thats a great way to curtail street racing.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Well I guess Denton (Northstar) is now going to start getting much bigger crowds and the wait times to run will go thru the roof. That sucks. Last time I took my Buick down a track was at Kennedale. Pretty soon there won't be any tracks left in North Texas....yeah...thats a great way to curtail street racing.
                        That seems like a long drive from new mexico...
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          Denton is a long ass drive for us southerns...I will stick to Ennis and just shut it down at the 1/8 mark....or maybe even Prairie Hill, supposedly has new owners and will be opening again soon

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                            Denton is a long ass drive for us southerns...I will stick to Ennis and just shut it down at the 1/8 mark....or maybe even Prairie Hill, supposedly has new owners and will be opening again soon
                            Im right at an hour and 20 mins from Cedar Creek, Denton and Prairie Hill. Ennis is about 45 mins.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Does TMS have any kind of timing system for their Friday night program? I live closer to them than anywhere else now.

Prairie Hill has a full schedule this season their book of face page. https://www.facebook.com/prairiehilldragway/ too bad it's 100 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                                Does TMS have any kind of timing system for their Friday night program? I live closer to them than anywhere else now.

Prairie Hill has a full schedule this season their book of face page. https://www.facebook.com/prairiehilldragway/ too bad it's 100 miles away.
                                As of last year, no timing system, just a win light. It's a lot of fun for cheap on a Friday night, but they can't handle faster cars with the current set up, there is not enough shut down area. A guy I work with has a stock bottom end Foxbody with a single turbo, and he has to really stand on the brakes in order to go around the curve in the shut down area.

Comment

Working...
                                X