Asa announces hearing protection act: A bill to remove suppressors from the nfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    Beats me. I keep the ones in my personal trust name in my shop at my moms house and only have one or two NFA items at a time where I live.

If someone could clarify this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Don't you have the top brass at the ATF on speed dial?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      I thought svo was the atf.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Just the FBI.

Edit: That was a Mormon joke. Just in case none of y'all know , the FBI is frequently refereed to as the Mormon Mafia.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 10-23-2015, 06:37 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

H.r. 3799

Contact your rep and ask him or her to co-sponsor H.R. 3799, a bill that restores your right to buy suppressors for your firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            Contact your rep and ask him or her to co-sponsor H.R. 3799, a bill that restores your right to buy suppressors for your firearms.
            Link to the bill:

H. R. 3799

To provide that silencers be treated the same as long guns.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
            October 22, 2015
            Mr. Salmon (for himself, Mr. Guinta, Mr. Carter of Texas, Mr. Kelly of Pennsylvania, Mr. Collins of New York, Mr. Thompson of Pennsylvania, Mr. Huelskamp, Mr. Franks of Arizona, Mrs. Love, Mr. LaMalfa, and Mr. Stewart) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL
            To provide that silencers be treated the same as long guns.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
            SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Hearing Protection Act of 2015”.

SEC. 2. EQUAL TREATMENT OF SILENCERS AND FIREARMS.

(a) In General.—Section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by striking “(7) any silencer” and all that follows through “; and (8)” and inserting “; and (7)”.

(b) Effective Date.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—The amendment made by this section shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act.

(2) TRANSFERS.—In the case of the tax imposed by section 5811 of such Code, the amendment made by this section shall apply with respect to transfers after October 22, 2015.

SEC. 3. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN SILENCERS.

Section 5841 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(f) Firearm Silencers.—A person acquiring or possessing a firearm silencer in accordance with Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, shall be treated as meeting any registration and licensing requirements of the National Firearms Act (as in effect on the day before the date of the enactment of this subsection) with respect to such silencer.”.

SEC. 4. PREEMPTION OF CERTAIN STATE LAWS IN RELATION TO FIREARM SILENCERS.

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.

Comment

If it passes, suppressors will be illegal in Texas. Right now Texas criminal law has them as illegal, defense is if you buy it per NFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                If it passes, suppressors will be illegal in Texas. Right now Texas criminal law has them as illegal, defense is if you buy it per NFA.
                I'd think this would cover it:

(f) Firearm Silencers.—A person acquiring or possessing a firearm silencer in accordance with Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, shall be treated as meeting any registration and licensing requirements of the National Firearms Act (as in effect on the day before the date of the enactment of this subsection) with respect to such silencer.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

And you don't think Texas would make them legal if it passed?
                  Not that it will, but if it did I wouldn't be all aww shucks about it.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Then how are suppressors legal for hunting in Texas if they are illegal? Suppressors are very legal here.

Edit: nevermind, I forget about the nfa exception part and had thought they removed it when they legalized them for hunting.
                    Last edited by LANTIRN; 11-13-2015, 07:59 PM.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

So I just wanted to bump this thread up and get ya'lls thoughts on whether or not this has a good chance of happening?

With P.E. Trump looking to take over next month, do you think he will follow through with this? NFA heavily supported his campaign.

Any chance you think SBR's and SBS's will be exempted under his presidency? I have mixed feelings on them being available to every joe shmoe.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        So I just wanted to bump this thread up and get ya'lls thoughts on whether or not this has a good chance of happening?

With P.E. Trump looking to take over next month, do you think he will follow through with this? NFA heavily supported his campaign.

Any chance you think SBR's and SBS's will be exempted under his presidency? I have mixed feelings on them being available to every joe shmoe.
                        Id like to hear your thoughts on that part, if you dont mind.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Id like to hear your thoughts on that part, if you dont mind.
                          Mainly an unfounded fear of thugs being able to hide severely shortened shotguns/rifles easier than their 16"/18" counterparts and using them against Law Enforcement or possible deranged students being able to pack a SBS in their backpack and blow my son away at school for no reason.

But like I said, unfounded. There is no data to back that these style of weapons would be used more than what is currently available to mentally unstable individuals, I just worry it would make things easier for them.

Comment

so they are scarier?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Mainly an unfounded fear of thugs being able to hide severely shortened shotguns/rifles easier than their 16"/18" counterparts and using them against Law Enforcement or possible deranged students being able to pack a SBS in their backpack and blow my son away at school for no reason.

But like I said, unfounded. There is no data to back that these style of weapons would be used more than what is currently available to mentally unstable individuals, I just worry it would make things easier for them.

So what you are saying is that you believe that the current laws are keeping thugs from using SBR's and SBS's?

Not baiting, just curious.

It's easy to buy a short barrel for an AR today.. It's also very easy to saw off the end of a shotgun barrel.

Comment

I think it has a pretty strong possibility. The owner of Silencerco, Josh Waldron, was picked as an advisor (or some shit) to Donald Trumps 2nd Amendmemt team which I think Trump Jr. is leading.

Comment

Working...
                                X