X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      Just watched the video. Cheap ABS plastic, heat gun, modified dzus fasteners, and some weather stripping, genius.
      Yeah man, totally do-able. I made one for my cowl vent back in the day. Totally worked. Saved my ass on a super-rainy trip back from Austin.

Comment

What did you use as the hold downs? Dzus fastners?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          I much prefer the new wheels.

For rain and car washes, I would fabricate something like this:

Make it with a foam or rubber lip that mates up to the flange of the vent and some spring loaded J-hooks that you can hook through the holes in the vent. Should be cheap and fun.
          Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          What did you use as the hold downs? Dzus fastners?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah I actually used something that was more like a "T" that I could fit in between the vents and then clock 90 degrees. Yours is a bit more complicated, so that's why I was thinking more of a J. I'd just play with it and see what works best for you.

Comment

DJ, you owe me a keyboard. Damn coffee.

Thanks Blake. At least SOMEONE sees my delima!
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

That looks kick ass.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Btw, we still need better pics. These potato shots aren't cuttin' it.

Comment

Thanks rick! Sorry, potatoes all I have. It needs a wash and I am not posting dirty car pictures.

Comment

How about just detail shots of the hood vent?

Is that thing from a different factory application? Has a vaguely GM look to it. I think it looks cool either way.

Comment

That I can do. After work. Yes, it us a Camaro heat extractor. I've seen the dual mustang vents been done already. And frankly, they look great, but no one has this one.

Comment

Not sure what all you wanted to See so here's a bit if a collage.

Mask, remove, measure, measure, measure drill, cut, cut, cut, trim.

Comment

Comment

Finished product.

Mounting is a bit barbaric but it works and will be covered by the hood blanket, once cut and reinstalled.

]

Comment

Still want to trim a bit more, install some 3m double sided tape, blanket, paint exposed metal, etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X