Pocket knife sharpener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket knife sharpener?

I've got a Lansky pocket sharpener that works well enough I suppose, though best just for a quick hone. Short of sending them back to Benchmade, what do y'all use to sharpen at home?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I use one of these:

Comment

Old school two whetstone system that was an inheritance from my Grandfather. One is double sided coarse/fine and the other looks almost like marble that you finely hone the edge with after getting it close to where you want it.

Comment

i use portable sharpeners for work...

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

also EZE-LAP make the best diamond sharpening plates

EZE-LAP manufactures a wide variety of diamond products for sharpening knives and tools. EZE-LAP has been a pioneer and originator of diamond sharpene

i want this but i'm sure its crazy expensive

Comment

A peice of leather once a week keeps mine very sharp. Once i get a knife sharp on stones maintaining it is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              i want this but i'm sure its crazy expensive

$350, but a bit more complicated than what I'm looking for. I want something relatively quick and easy, perhaps just bigger than the pocket version.

Заказывайте станки для профессиональной заточки ножей от Техностудии ?Профиль? на официальном сайте производителя. Тел.: 8-800 550-22-14

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                A peice of leather once a week keeps mine very sharp. Once i get a knife sharp on stones maintaining it is easy.
                Any old leather? Like an old belt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I use the rough side of a vegitable tanned leather. They make different compounds, but i just use some mothers polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Old school two whetstone system that was an inheritance from my Grandfather. One is double sided coarse/fine and the other looks almost like marble that you finely hone the edge with after getting it close to where you want it.
                    X2. This is the only way if you are really serious about your blades.

Brownells also sells some high grade synthetic stones that use water instead of oil and they are top notch.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I just use ceramic on my higher end knifes.

Comment

Work sharp, lansky shapener system, or various stones depending on the knife.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          Work sharp, lansky shapener system, or various stones depending on the knife.
                          Been looking at work sharp setup, But the belts make worry about heating the blade and eating too much blade. And x2 on the leather with a bit of polishing compound. Get a good edge and hit it with the strop every once and awhile,

Comment

Ive got a work sharp. Great for cheap blades. But it does take off a bunch of material amd almost always will round the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              i use portable sharpeners for work...

I've used this one and it works very well for what it is. You can get one from home depot for about the same price

We also sell a cheap snap on pocket knife sharpener, it works well but can take a long time to narrow a dull spot

Comment

Working...
                              X