Realistic construction costs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Well, I just sat down with Ubuiltit homes and he said for a nice home to plan on $118/sqft to build and that includes their $6/ft costs to guide you. The number blew my mind. I wanted to be well under $100.

Id think your plumbing and electrical numbers are fine. Your slab costs might be higher depending on piers or not. Beam size will really determine your costs. Id do a soil sample to find out and have an engineered slab.

I have build out numbers on a 4200sqft house from 2015 and they were at $105/ft and I thought their allowances for appliances/fixtures/etc were very high. This was 2 years ago though.
    I know you mentioned them before as an option to save some money but that doesn't sound much like a savings to me... I spoke with two different builders for ours and they were in $115/sq foot.

OP, my bids were $56k and $42k (separate bids)for turn key foundation work with 70+ piers and post tension, and close to $45k lumber and labor. This was working directly with the subs so I'm sure I'm not getting the builder pricing. Your numbers don't sound bad at all. Either way, do you have plans you can show some subs to get better estimates?

Comment

The foundation costs seem low to me- excavation and grade work need to be considered

Comment

We just finished building a metal house about 8 months ago. We used a contractor to do all the work and did a little ourself, but for an 1800 sqft with about 400 worth of patios, post tension slab with roughly 60 piers drilled we came out roughly $90 a sqft. Depending on upgrades and what no you should easily be in there especially doing a lot of the work yourself. We did stained concrete, carpet in the bedroom, crown moulding throughout, granite, custom oak cabinets, etc. I agree your foundation seems a bit low. I believe ours was around 28k for the slab.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          If you will PM me your email as well. I'll send over a check list I use when I punch my frames for corrections.

Where are you building?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Thanks, will do.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
            What's your email? I'll send you my budget worksheet from my house I built in 2014. 2700 sqft one story.
            Thanks will do

Comment

Final number?

Half a million bucks?
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Final number?

Half a million bucks?
                I think with my involvement I can get is nicely done for $225-250. That would make my day

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Damn. $350/1000 for brick?! We are paying $440/1000! When the market went crazy, we had growing pains through the trades driving the market.

Excuse my ignorance is this per 1000 bricks? How many square feet of wall does that usually =?
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Yes. We pay by the 1000 bricks. I honestly couldn't tell you sq ft

Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X