Texas police officer shoots dog, kills woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    What a fucken pansy. I deal with aggressive dogs on a regular basis. My typical tactic when a dog is charging me is to run full speed at them making a lot of noise in the process. If they don't back down an ass kicking for them is coming.

Was it the woman's dog?
    Yes, it was a young lab pup that she had been taking care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      By accident you mean negligent homicide right?
      No. A terrible, but completely unintentional accident made by a rookie cop. I'm not a FTP guy. If you choose to see some other insidious aspect to this shooting, then have at it. If it event goes that far. I would be surprised if the grand jury doesn't issue a no bill. He will definitely be open to civil liability, but I don't see how a case could be made for criminal liability.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        No. A terrible, but completely unintentional accident made by a rookie cop. I'm not a FTP guy. If you choose to see some other insidious aspect to this shooting, then have at it. If it event goes that far. I would be surprised if the grand jury doesn't issue a no bill. He will definitely be open to civil liability, but I don't see how a case could be made for criminal liability.
        "Unintentional" doesn't negate negligent homicide. It is the exact reasoning behind the term.
        Any person that wildly dumps a magazine at a random pup while running in reverse, and kills someone due to said carelessness, is the definition of negligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          "Unintentional" doesn't negate negligent homicide. It is the exact reasoning behind the term.
          Any person that wildly dumps a magazine at a random pup while running in reverse, and kills someone due to said carelessness, is the definition of negligence.
          It blows my mind that he doesnt see that...and even worse...he sees it as FTP to hold this dude accountable!

Comment

Again, the problem is that police officers now are trained to preserve their own lives at the expense of everything around them, at all costs to "get home to their families", rather than "you are the thin blue line to protect the innocent from the criminal, shielding them with your own body and life if need be"

I hope they prosecute him, convict, and then show him going to jail as part of training that -maybe- just -maybe, pulling your gun on every dog you see should be last resort when firefighters or tv cable repairmen get away with it just fine without shooting dogs or people.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              I deal with aggressive dogs on a regular basis. My typical tactic when a dog is charging me is to run full speed at them making a lot of noise in the process. If they don't back down an ass kicking for them is coming.
              Best thing to do is charge at them and dive face first into their open mouth. When they see that you've got that set of balls on you, they always back down. Even a pit don't want none of that.

I'm not a FTP guy.
              I'm not really either, and I don't think most people are. What we're all really tired of that comes off as ftp, is the mental retardation frequently displayed by these people. We're all only human and most of us would be capable of these mistakes. But when lives are on the line, you don't get to make mistakes. Not even 1. Most of us here have worked jobs at some point where if you make this exact mistake at this time, you die. Or someone else dies. We took care not to make the mistake.
              WH

Comment

Negligent homicide not a crime because police..... love that logic.

Dude has a tactical baton, taser, pepper spray, and pistol..... goes straight for pistol. Do we need a firearm safety refresher? Never point a weapon at anything unless you intend to kill it? Know your target and what is beyond it?

Didn’t aim, didn’t pay attention to what is beyond the target......

And police don’t train how to handle aggressive dogs? Cyclists all over DFW do it everyday without employing deadly force.

But this okay..... police.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

No. A terrible, but completely unintentional accident made by a rookie cop.
                    Actions/consequences. He should be fired never to be rehired by any other agency. If he isn’t, the movie ‘Police Academy’ is becoming reality.

Comment

Working...
                    X