Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bcoop...what do you think of this steak ager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    In for Bcoop review.
    Still waiting. Should receive it some time in December
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My unit has shipped and should arrive on 12/21.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        My unit has shipped and should arrive on 12/21.
        meanwhile, I have had 10 amazing steaks.

21 days dry aged of course, per the packaging description.

Comment

Unit came in today. My initial impressions are this...

The way it fits together could be better. Thicker walls would have allowed a deeper groove where the pieces fit together. The wire shelves are pretty flimsy. They sent a bag of ground Himalayan salt, but I'm not convinced the salt is Himalayan due to the packaging, and I believe a block would be more effective for the purpose it will serve. The satchel the salt goes in is burlap, so the ground salt will leak from the burlap when you fill it, and every time you take it out to clean. The unit was built missing 3 screws, or they popped out during shipping. And the charcoal filters have to be cut down on one side to fit. These are just initial impressions, and they can all be addressed easily. I'd have been willing to pay a little more for a more robust unit, for what that is worth. I wish they would offer a larger size as well, but with so many different refrigerator combos, and their launch unit, I can see why they built it to fit in a side by side fridge.

I've got to pick up a primal cut, and will do so ASAP. Then we wait another 45 days. I'll post pictures and updates throughout.

Comment

Unit came in today. My initial impressions are this...

I've got to pick up a primal cut, and will do so ASAP. Then we wait another 45 days. I'll post pictures and updates throughout.
            Like we talked about, I'm very interested in seeing how well this works.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Shit yeah...cant wait to see how it goes.

Side note: If you ever need a piece recut or sized i can source HDPE pretty cheap and CNC the panels myself free of charge since youre taking the risk on the whole unit.

Comment

I too am anxious to see the results and your impressions.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

It's been a whirlwind with work, travel, moving our offices, and life in general. Plus David's (my butcher) was closed for a week or two. I'm headed to David's to pick up a primal in a few minutes. My apologies for the delay.

Comment

It's been a whirlwind with work, travel, moving our offices, and life in general. Plus David's (my butcher) was closed for a week or two. I'm headed to David's to pick up a primal in a few minutes. My apologies for the delay.
                    what the shit man.

I have been waiting for this update.

I actually thought about this yesterday.

Comment

Apologies not accepted!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        what the shit man.

I have been waiting for this update.

I actually thought about this yesterday.
                        Sorry dude. First of the year so we're rolling out new programs and I've been putting in crazy hours with that and the move. It takes a shit ton of planning and preparation to move 2 companies and 30,000 square feet.

Comment

Sounds like you have your priorities all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

You guys just don't like me because tomorrow for lunch I will be eating a meal prepared by a James Beard award winning chef, followed by a massage at the spa, and then who knows what for dinner. I will be having nice champagne in a great suite at a high end hotel later that night as well.... and for Saturday I have been asked to bring the wine for the party thanks to my great taste. I hate raiding the wine fridge, but I guess it's for a worthy cause.

Haters gonna hate; most everyone is used to it by now. And you "hate everyone." It's a miserable way to live, but you go for it. I need that baby panda on the rocking horse haters gonna hate meme right about now.
                            Holy fucking shit! How did I miss this?
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Holy fucking shit! How did I miss this?
                              He posts pretty much the same thing in every thread on the board.

Comment

Picked up a 14lb prime rib. Jesus, beef prices need to come down. Fucking shit.

Had to have two ribs cut off otherwise it would not have fit, so that's something to be aware of with prime ribs. I think a strip would have to have some cut off too. 14 lbs is the after weight, fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                                X