Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Any Tesla owners? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tesla owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, this electric car thing sounds like a huge pain in the ass. At the end of the day what are you spending? A free charging point in downtown Dallas. Adding a circuit breaker to your house. Really, how does it boil down to gas vs. electric?

This is the way I see it. I can drive down the interstate hwy. for 500 miles in my gas guzzling Hemi Ram and pull into a gas station and fill up in 5 minutes. Can you?

I appreciate the technology aspect, but it's kind of ridiculous. By no means am I trying to insult anybody. Please don't interpret it that way. It's just IMO.
    Last edited by LS1Goat; 09-10-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Doubtful. Public charging is generally a rip off compared to the price of gasoline, but charging at home can be less expensive than gasoline or even free depending on your service provider.
      The ChargePoint stations are for profit so I never expected it to be cheap. Just another alternative if you need it. In my case, it was because I didn't have my home solution in place prior to getting the car. Hopefully, there won't be to many of those visits.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      And streaming services were going to save us a ton...

$2 for 30 miles is ridiculous.
      It is, but I was getting 16-17 miles/gallon in the truck. Gas is currently what... $2.40ish a gallon?

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      Honestly, this electric car thing sounds like a huge pain in the ass. At the end of the day what are you spending? A free charging point in downtown Dallas. Adding a circuit breaker to your house. Really, how does it boil down to gas vs. electric?

This is what I'd like to figure out

This is the way I see it. I can drive down the interstate hwy. for 500 miles in my gas guzzling Hemi Ram and pull into a gas station and fill up in 5 minutes. Can you?

500? maybe with a tailwind, no traffic and no stops. My 07 Sierra 5.3 would get roughly 380 miles before filling up with 23 gallons in a 27 gallon tank with my current commute and evening and weekend driving.

I appreciate the technology aspect, but it's kind of ridiculous. By no means am I trying to insult anybody. Please don't interpret it that way. It's just IMO.
      None taken. It has been inconvenient since I'm so use to pulling any gas station any time I needed. I'm hoping when I reduce my commute to 55 miles vs. 80 that will help a lot but that's not for another 8 months or so

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

I've only driven a Tesla twice, but the autopilot feature makes traffic 100% better.

Comment

The new electric cars sound like a gimmick, 200 miles and all night to charge it, not feeling it. If you lived close to work and they had free charging stations at your job it might be worth it. Not sure how this even makes sense money wise, since the Tesla's are upwards of $70k...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            The new electric cars sound like a gimmick, 200 miles and all night to charge it, not feeling it. If you lived close to work and they had free charging stations at your job it might be worth it. Not sure how this even makes sense money wise, since the Tesla's are upwards of $70k...
            Model 3 is in the 30's, which is also what I got the drive. It was the slowest version of any car they make, and it was still pretty impressive.

Also, I believe it had a range of 280ish miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Model 3 is in the 30's, which is also what I got the drive. It was the slowest version of any car they make, and it was still pretty impressive.

Also, I believe it had a range of 280ish miles.
              I didn't know they were that affordable, but George has that one and hes only getting 210 per charge (per Tesla you can only charge to 90%) and he drove 80 miles but used 97 miles in energy, minus another 2 for 'Sentry mode', so hes down to 110 and he might make it home with traffic moving, he gets in stop and go with an accident and he maybe stopping at the hotel in McKinney to power up so he can make it home.

Are my MPC calculations correct George?
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

how many miles can you put on a Tesla before it craps out? i've never seen a 200,000 miles Tesla

Comment

I didn't know they were that affordable, but George has that one and hes only getting 210 per charge (per Tesla you can only charge to 90%) and he drove 80 miles but used 97 miles in energy, minus another 2 for 'Sentry mode', so hes down to 110 and he might make it home with traffic moving, he gets in stop and go with an accident and he maybe stopping at the hotel in McKinney to power up so he can make it home.

We went about 40 miles round trip and I used like 80 miles worth of charge. But I was pedal smashing all the time trying to get the car sideways, but it wasn't having it.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    how many miles can you put on a Tesla before it craps out? i've never seen a 200,000 miles Tesla
                    Tesloop, a Tesla-only shuttle service based in Southern California, recently had a Model S reach 400,000 miles on the odometer and gave an account of how it is holding up.
                    Tesla’s vehicles are becoming increasingly popular with taxi and shuttle services, which are pushing their vehicles a lot over short periods...
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

You didnt know they were that affordable because they arent. The bottom of the barrel model 3 is rated for like 220 miles and is the one that's supposed to be in the 36K range. The standard plus is stickered at like 40K and gets 240 miles (published).

You're near the 50K plus range if you want over 300 miles.

So a tesla with a 280 mile range is way more than 30K.

Last I heard...the vast majority of model 3s delivered were at the high end of the price range...and the ability to actually get a mid 30s model 3 was very limited .

I'm curious as to what the OP paid for his tesla.

Comment

You didnt know they were that affordable because they arent. The bottom of the barrel model 3 is rated for like 220 miles and is the one that's supposed to be in the 36K range. The standard plus is stickered at like 40K and gets 240 miles (published).

So a tesla with a 280 mile range is way more than 30k.
                        Uhhh, most evrything that is nice/comphy, fast and good looking costs way above $30k. IMO, $30k-$40k is affordable whereas $70k is not affordable to most and requires many cowskins...

Comment

That's for the Model S.

The standard range Model 3 comes out to be 38,990 and the long range is 47,990. Both of those are choosing the free car color at the time, standard wheels and interior and is before delivery fees and taxes.

Sounds like it. I'll run another base line with a full charge to confirm. I don't recall if I had any 70mph punches on that trip. My 10-30 charge adaptor should come in today so now I'll be fully charged in under 6 hours.

So a tesla with a 280 mile range is way more than 30K.

Last I heard...the vast majority of model 3s delivered were at the high end of the price range...and the ability to actually get a mid 30s model 3 was very limited .

I'm curious as to what the OP paid for his tesla.
                          I listed what the current pricing is for the Model 3 on their website above.

Comment

Uhhh, most evrything that is nice/comphy, fast and good looking costs way above $30k. IMO, $30k-$40k is affordable whereas $70k is not affordable to most and requires many cowskins...
                            My point is that you're not getting a 280 mile range tesla anywhere close to $30K. You're going to almost double that 30K to get that range.

And other cars in the 40K range will actually make it home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              That's for the Model S.

The standard range Model 3 comes out to be 38,990 and the long range is 47,990. Both of those are choosing the free car color at the time, standard wheels and interior and is before delivery fees and taxes.

Sounds like it. I'll run another base line with a full charge to confirm. I don't recall if I had any 70mph punches on that trip. My 10-30 charge adaptor should come in today so now I'll be fully charged in under 6 hours.

I listed what the current pricing is for the Model 3 on their website above.
                              Given the average price of the delivered model 3 is in the $50k+ range...I dont trust the published numbers.

Comment

My point is that you're not getting a 280 mile range tesla anywhere close to $30K. You're going to almost double that 30K to get that range.

And other cars in the 40K range will actually make it home from work.
                                Oh OK, well I was referencing what George posted and was going off of his figures, I never googledFu'd the Tesla website for actual cost.

And bitch, don't talk to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X