Tyler Skaggs MLB pitcher dies in DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    It is hard to do testing for a drug that many players have a legitimate need for and a legal prescription.

Nationally we just have drug problem in general. That problem is restricted access to a persons preferred drug that they can off themselves with while sparing the people around them from having to put up with their BS drama, whining, and addiction.
    An in shape athlete who is not dying of cancer does not need fentanyl. It is not a drug one uses to cure aches and pains associated with pitching the previous night.

And certainly not to be combined with oxycodone and alcohol. Irresponsibility all around.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
      An in shape athlete who is not dying of cancer does not need fentanyl. It is not a drug one uses to cure aches and pains associated with pitching the previous night.

And certainly not to be combined with oxycodone and alcohol. Irresponsibility all around.
      I was talking about opioids in general; not fentanyl specifically. I was also talking about testing every person in the league, not just the young people that don't have many injuries yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't test for opioids simply say positive for opioids and don't distinguish between the exact source?
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Heroin shows up as Morphine in drug tests, and I believe quite a few of the synthetics do as well. But I am not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
          Heroin shows up as Morphine in drug tests, and I believe quite a few of the synthetics do as well. But I am not sure...
          That is actually a very long list. Oxy, Hydrocodone, codeine, ...hell even poppy seeds will show up in a urine sample as morphine.

He's ultimately responsible for his own demise, but I think this might also be a case similar to what killed Michael Jackson. An unethical and money opportunist M.D. prescribing drugs in an inappropriate fashion to a high profile client. Like Dr. Murray giving MJ a General Anesthetic to treat "insomnia". Yeah, it will certainly cure your insomnia...permanently.

People in general are just fucking stupid. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My GP (or any other sawbones I know) would probably laugh in my face if I asked for Fentanyl for general aches and pains. Only time I've ever received Fentanyl was for pre-surgical sedation when I had my Endoscopic Discectomy L5/S1. As my rather hilarious Anesthesiologist like to put it. If you were physically capable of drinking 10 PiƱa coladas in a period of 30 seconds. This would be the end result of that.

So, these stories and stories like this are bunk. Total bullshit.

God Bless

- Tim
          Last edited by LS1Goat; 09-02-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            I'm pretty sure I remember a buddy that played in the minors saying that MLB only tests for performance enhancers where as minor leagues test for everything except weed.
            MLB randomly tests for PEDs and they can test for other narcotics with probable cause. However the player gets notified and has up to 48 hours to produce a sample.

Jose Fernandez had a BAC of .147 and was high on cocaine when he crashed his boat and killed his two friends. It would've been his turn to pitch against the Braves that afternoon. He clearly wasn't worried about failing any kind of a drug test.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X