Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way more car for your dollar, literally.

Comment

The big problems with weight are what you guys are saying that you like the most about the car. The parts that add to the performance. How much does that blower weigh? That 10 gajillion speed transmission? The brake rotors? I have some 15" rotors off of a 13/15 GT500 and they are an honest 30 lbs each. Also, the seats with the airbags, my God they probably weigh 150 lbs for the pair. All that shit adds up.

If you were to buy this car there would be weight savings all over the place if you didn't mind modifying it.

Also, they did sell a stripped down drag only version of the Mustangs in the past, the Cobra Jets. Problem is instead of costing less they were twice as much or more.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        The GT350R with no back seats, no heated/cooled seats somehow still weighs more than a regular GT at 3760lbs. Not sure how much more they can shave off of the GT500 as it already has a CF hood and fenders. I'm sure that IRS weighs a ton since it has to be pretty damn beefy to handle all that power.
        Yeah I certainly wouldn't expect it to weigh less than a regular GT given the HP range and higher performance components all around...but I bet they can get it to the 3900 range pretty easily.

Also...I thought the gt500 with the carbon fiber was a specific track package that also included the rear seat delete? Are you saying the base 4225 lb car actually includes the Carbon bits already? I may have mixed up a few packages.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          This why I love my little ranger. 2905lb without me in it.
          Even with less power I was still running door to door with my 15 GT.
          With the new mods going on it soon I think it will break a lot of expensive new cars hearts.
          Apples and coconuts.

You couldn't pay me to drive that thing, I'd gladly have the GT. Put your mod money in that, and be just as quick in style.

Comment

The GT350 is over 400 pounds lighter than the GT500, and the GT350 is not a slim and svelte car. The GT500 is a fat, fat fuck.

Comment

I'm an SVT guy, but I'll buy an '19 or '20 5.0, A-10 all day over the new GT500.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I laughed my ass off at 4,2xx+ weight. I guess they meant it. What a fucking shame.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Apples and coconuts.

You couldn't pay me to drive that thing, I'd gladly have the GT. Put your mod money in that, and be just as quick in style.
                  my mod money in the ranger would get you a down payment on the GT! lol
                  I daily drove the Ranger for 7 years and loved it. Only pisser was that it's a 2 seater. So I couldn't take my wife and kid in it at the same time. I know its not a like comparison, but its on topic with power vs weight.
                  I can Keep up with cars with a lot more power that cost a lot more because I cut so much weight.
                  Ford ford would be dumb to use that train of thought with the new GT500 because the customers wouldn't want it. Look at the camaro for instance, twice now they've tipped the scales to the side of racing over comfort, and twice now the car is on the chopping block. You can't sell a car these days without it being a rolling entertainment room with all the bells and whistles. people who are dropping the coin on cars in this market don't care how heavy it is. look how many challengers are on the road. "Hellcat's got 707hp" is all they care about. people who want to go fast in these will gut them, people who just want to brag on hp numbers will do that. both customers will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    The GT350 is over 400 pounds lighter than the GT500, and the GT350 is not a slim and svelte car. The GT500 is a fat, fat fuck.

That dude is massively annoying.

I would guess that the numbers between road racers and drag racers arent that far apart...but the number of all combined racers to owners that will never race are orders of magnitude apart.

Comment

I daily drove the Ranger for 7 years and loved it. Only pisser was that it's a 2 seater. So I couldn't take my wife and kid in it at the same time. I know its not a like comparison, but its on topic with power vs weight.
                      I can Keep up with cars with a lot more power that cost a lot more because I cut so much weight.
                      Ford ford would be dumb to use that train of thought with the new GT500 because the customers wouldn't want it. Look at the camaro for instance, twice now they've tipped the scales to the side of racing over comfort, and twice now the car is on the chopping block. You can't sell a car these days without it being a rolling entertainment room with all the bells and whistles. people who are dropping the coin on cars in this market don't care how heavy it is. look how many challengers are on the road. "Hellcat's got 707hp" is all they care about. people who want to go fast in these will gut them, people who just want to brag on hp numbers will do that. both customers will be happy.
                      Exactly, apples and coconuts. I get why you enjoy the Ranger, but it's a very specific taste, and speed is only part of the whole equation. Not much different than the "fox with mods" mentality. Cars are getting heavier because most buyers want comfort over that last 10th of a second or G, and are driven very different than a racer would.

Comment

I am now crossed up on doing a 2019-2020 GT350, doing a 19+ GT350 with a blower and face some potential unreliability, a 2020 GT500 after the insanity with dealer markup goes away, OR just simply wait for the rumored TT DOHC V8 C8 Zo6. The problem with the Zo6 is i couldnt take my son in it until he gets older.

Comment

Dude, your truck is kinda of cool, but its still a piece of shit Ranger, you beat a new GT (or yours rather) and you think its some great accomplishment. Everyone has lot a race or two, you think $100k cars or $200k cars don't lose? How about a fox with $5k in mods beating a new Vette, you think that guy in the Vette really cares, you're still in a clapped out Fox with a Garland hood.
                          It's about comfort and class, class comes in very many styles, AMG, BMW M, etc. This is all about people with money, they want all the creature comforts and that comes with a cost...WEIGHT!
                          I saw the new GT500 in person at the Auto show, its kick ass looking and if it wasn't $80k+ I'd buy one, but that price is ridiculous, but guess what every one of them cars will be sold out, just like the new Vette will be...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I saw the new GT500 in person at the Auto show, its kick ass looking and if it wasn't $80k+ I'd buy one, but that price is ridiculous, but guess what every one of them cars will be sold out, just like the new Vette will be...
                            I've $60k+ in my GT, and that's with minimal exterior mods, and only springs in terms of suspension. Dealer markup aside t$80k isn't giraffe pu$$y, cars and trucks are just getting to be that damn expensive when optioned out. That's to say that you couldn't build one for that, the add-ons are being done so reasonably.

Comment

Holy shit...$60K in GT mods?!?! Or do you mean the cost of the car + Mods is 60K?

Cars have gotten stupid expensive though now...

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                                The problem with the Zo6 is i couldnt take my son in it until he gets older.
                                I'm sure it will be like 2 seat chevy truck where you can turn off the passenger air bag with a key, or more likely like most if not all modern cars the seat has an occupant sensor so the air bag wont go off unless a specific weight is in the seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X