Active shooter: Odessa Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    I think they're trying to say that this guy is buying and building guns with the intent to then turn around and sell them full time to skirt FFL laws. That would make this 100% illegal. Same reason you can't do straw purchases.
    That is my take. I'm not the expert, but I think there is a limit to the number of firearms you can sell personally without an FFL. Yes, you can build (legally) or buy a firearm (legally) and decide you want to sell it. Then you can sell to an individual buyer without a background check. Doing it over and over though makes you a dealer, not an individual, and thus requires you to do checks.

Comment

I think they're trying to say that this guy is buying and building guns with the intent to then turn around and sell them full time to skirt FFL laws. That would make this 100% illegal. Same reason you can't do straw purchases.
      Most people here have never dealt with the feds, I have. They're all as crooked as a dog's hind leg. No matter what this man did or how hard he tried to comply with the law they are simply going to say he did something illegal and they're going to chew him up with the court process. The feds have unlimited resources and unless you're a multi-millionaire you can't afford to be not guilty.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Most people here have never dealt with the feds, I have. They're all as crooked as a dog's hind leg. No matter what this man did or how hard he tried to comply with the law they are simply going to say he did something illegal and they're going to chew him up with the court process. The feds have unlimited resources and unless you're a multi-millionaire you can't afford to be not guilty.
        He better get to selling some more ARs then!

Comment

I've dealt with them too when being accused of selling prohibited items overseas. They were professional and actually helped me get into regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            He better get to selling some more ARs then!

In all likelihood the seller bought a factory serial-numbered lower himself and at some point put together a rifle with it. The feds are going to twist that into him manufacturing a rifle just so they can throw the book at him. If it turns out that this guy was machining 80% lowers and selling complete rifles then there really is something to prosecute him for.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

In all likelihood the seller bought a factory serial-numbered lower himself and at some point put together a rifle with it. The feds are going to twist that into him manufacturing a rifle just so they can throw the book at him. If it turns out that this guy was machining 80% lowers and selling complete rifles then there really is something to prosecute him for.
              I think he was buying the kits, putting them together, then selling the after completion. If the intent was purely to sell them he needs and FFL period. Not really hard to prove if they have evidence of this happening many times.

Comment

I think he was buying the kits, putting them together, then selling the after completion. If the intent was purely to sell them he needs and FFL period. Not really hard to prove if they have evidence of this happening many times.
                Even if that is not what he was doing that is what they will say he was doing. Time will tell.

Comment

I've come to the co conclusion, that 9/11 made Home Terrorism come out more. Why are people so raged that they have to go shoot up people in public places. ?.

Comment

The hippies had it right, we need more free love.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      The hippies had it right, we need more free love.
                      The hippies aren't like that anymore. They don't want to cuddle after sex, they just want their money and they want to get out of the car.

Comment

Lanning says Ator tore down the ceiling in his room, broke a chair, punched a hole in a wall and was so threatening some staff locked themselves in a nursing station.

Comment

In other news, crazy man was crazy.

Comment

This is going to make the case for red flag laws. Everyone watch your mouth's.

Comment

What happens when you get denied? Anyone come out to see you and talk about why you're trying to buy a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                What happens when you get denied? Anyone come out to see you and talk about why you're trying to buy a gun?

Before I got a carry permit I got denied so many times that I had to get a special pin number from the ATF to put on my 4473s. There's a guy from New York state who I'm convinced is dead that has had felony warrants out since the 1990s who happens to have the exact same name and birthday as me. It was one of the reasons I got an FFL as soon as I was old enough.

Edit: The ATF has almost zero interest in going after criminals. They spend the bulk of their efforts harassing people that are not criminals and trying to arrest people for technical or made-up felonies.
                                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-11-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X