2012 DFWMustangs.net AR-15 lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    For your needs a .300 would be the better choice in my opinion. It would also be much cheaper. 6.8 tends to deliver more energy at longer ranges (400+) but within 200 yards .300 really shines. It depends on how much money you want to spend, but DSA sells a cheap 16" .300 blk upper for $300 I believe. MOA accuracy should be pretty easy even with a cheap upper. If you reload .300 BLK is even a better choice as it's super cheap to load.
    That's not to bad at all. That's kinda of what I was thinking that price is almost to good to be true. I have two lowers was going to try to build one up then work on the other. Is there any other brands in that price range to look at?

Comment

• Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
      That's not to bad at all. That's kinda of what I was thinking that price is almost to good to be true. I have two lowers was going to try to build one up then work on the other. Is there any other brands in that price range to look at?
      I would say no there isn't. I've bought 10 of their uppers, various models and all have been great for the money. Their prices are the lowest of the low, however some of their uppers have a wait time, so you might want to call ahead if you're concerned about waiting.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I would say no there isn't. I've bought 10 of their uppers, various models and all have been great for the money. Their prices are the lowest of the low, however some of their uppers have a wait time, so you might want to call ahead if you're concerned about waiting.
        Should I buy one of their bolts? Or should I buy from somewhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
          Should I buy one of their bolts? Or should I buy from somewhere else?
          a good price for a bolt is $100 or so, that's the benchmark I use. I believe their regular price is slightly more expensive than other companies sale price. You can look around or buy theirs, it's not excessively overpriced.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Is there a chance we could have the build party on a Tuesday or a Wednesday evening? I work Friday-Sunday, 5pm-5am.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Thanks Jeff and CJ, picked up my stuff today.

Just FYI if your in this area and need a transfer I would suggest not dealing with "B&W gun and Pawn" After verifiying the price of the transfer prior to having it shipped, being 25.00 for both lowers, the owner tried to charge me 25 for each lower, and was un-apologetic when called on it.

I was planning on buying a stock and grip off the shelf, needless to say I will not being doing anymore bussiness with them. Beware.

Comment

• What is the cheaper route to go, build the upper piece by piece or complete assembled upper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddog71 View Post
                  What is the cheaper route to go, build the upper piece by piece or complete assembled upper?
                  That depends on what caliber you're building and how customized you want your upper.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddog71 View Post
                    What is the cheaper route to go, build the upper piece by piece or complete assembled upper?
                    Buy a DSA $259.99 upper from dsarms.com You can't build an upper for that cheap, trust me. Just pickup a BCG/CH and some sights and you're ready to shoot.

Comment

• Unsticking and letting it float into the annuls of past group buys.

Comment

• What type of lowers were these registered as?

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                          What type of lowers were these registered as?
                          Jeff told me they where pistols.
                          "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                            What type of lowers were these registered as?
                            It was my understanding that a new stripped lower is logged as an "Other Firearm" when it is initially transferred on a 4473. So neither a rifle or pistol and can be built as either one.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              It was my understanding that a new stripped lower is logged as an "Other Firearm" when it is initially transferred on a 4473. So neither a rifle or pistol and can be built as either one.
                              This is correct. They are neither rifles or pistols. If you make it into a pistol first, then it can always go back and forth. If you make it into a rifle first, and then somehow inform the government that you did so, it must continue to be a rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venix View Post
                                If you make it into a pistol first, then it can always go back and forth. If you make it into a rifle first, and then somehow inform the government that you did so, it must continue to be a rifle.
                                I remember hearing that. Maybe I was mistaken... urg.
                                "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

Working...
                                X