Percentages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percentages

So let's say someone tells me to increase my percentage by 5%. My original percentage is 70%. Is the new goal 75% or 73.5%.

What if your percentage was 100%? Would it be 105% or 105%

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      So let's say someone tells me to increase my percentage by 5%. My original percentage is 70%. Is the new goal 75% or 73.5%.
      I say you tell that someone to fuck off and increase there percentage elsewhere!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

70 x 1.05 = 73.5

Comment

I would ask them to clarify....

Comment

You just figured out how politicians get rich.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              70 x 1.05 = 73.5
              lol thanks, I can do the math

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              This is my wife's job. I told her the same thing but she doesn't want to look silly.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              You just figured out how politicians get rich.
              I can haz all the monies then!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Yep, but my guess is that they mean 75%.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Did they use the word increase by or add? Could be taken either way, but as previously stated they probably meant 75%. Would wants to deal with weird numbers like 72.5% anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's 75% most likely, though it would be more clear to say percentage points.

Comment

Based on the way stated I would believe they wanted it to be 75%. But I also wouldn't be embarrassed to ask. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Yep, but my guess is that they mean 75%.
                        That's what I'd assume, but you know what happens when you assume.

I also wouldn't think it would make her look silly. If I had someone come back to me asking for clarification as my instructions could be taken two different ways, I'd think that person was thorough.

Comment

Working...
                        X