No announcement yet.

Bought my first Ford ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a thread that spun into overall quality, correct? I forgot this started as Dodge vs. Chevy vs. Ford and cracked dashes.

Comment

I’m pretty sure it was a thread about an old ag that bought a bad ass truck that he couldn’t figure out how to post pictures of.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
        I’m pretty sure it was a thread about an old ag that bought a bad ass truck that he couldn’t figure out how to post pictures of.
        The ole DFWM death spiral...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          I'm smarter than you...so I know I'm right.

Its like a well known thing that a GM dash is going to crack before you've paid it off. I'm not talking about 20 years of ownership.

What model years btw? Certainly nothing past 2005 has cracked on you...or you did something catastrophically wrong.
          My 2008 Sierra had the dash replaced several years ago because it was cracked. Now my replacement has another crack...

Comment

My dad had an 09 3500HD, no cracked dash yet. It does feel very thin, and there is a rattle somewhere in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I didn't have any that had a cracked dash. When did I say that was the issue(s)?

05 Mustang GT
              03 Mach 1
              2011 EcoBoost F150
              2016 5.0 F150
              What? Not going to include the bmw you crashed the fuck out of? Bet that Bitch had a cracked dash.

Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                What? Not going to include the bmw you crashed the fuck out of? Bet that Bitch had a cracked dash.

Lmao
                Not a Ford.

Comment

Not a Ford.

Just take the fun right out of it why dontcha.

Comment

That BMW was bullet proof, but not idiot proof.

Comment

That BMW was bullet proof, but not idiot proof.
                      Lmao! Now that’s the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        I guess I will believe you guys on Rams, they used to be hog shit. I haven't sat in one in the last 10 years.
                        My dad and I have always had great luck with Dodge trucks, going clear back to his first 94 Ram. Between us, we've had a 94, a 98, an 00, an 04, an 07, an 08, an 11, and now his 19.

94 had a cracked piston when he got it, the 98 lost a transmission when he accidentally put mercon in, then a bad part in the replacement trans caused it to eat two PCM's. My 04 had a bad trans when I got it, and the 11 broke exhaust studs.

Considering every one of those averaged 230K miles, not too bad.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        The problem with the rams arent the motors, it's everything else around them.
                        Again, not my experience. Cracked dashes in the 2nd gens, and wheel hubs on the third gens were common, but not much else.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        So basically Ram is the truck equivalent of a taurus firearm? They are generally very functional, the lowest price point of the mid level offerings and while they may have a somewhat higher number of quality issues...its still a good product for the majority?
                        I disagree with this, not many quality issues at all.

I mean, here's some pics of his 2011 Longhorn, and this truck had 211K miles on it. Everything worked on this truck, seat heaters/coolers, alpine stereo, DVD player, windows, power glass, sunroof, etc.

Comment

04 suburban. No cracked dash. Better play the lottery!1!!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            04 suburban. No cracked dash. Better play the lottery!1!!
                            Don't. You already have all your good luck tied up in that dash.

Comment

Congrats on the Raptor. I've been jonesin' for one myself. I've been going back and forth between that or a Gladiator Rubicon. The Raptor is obviously the better machine but there are other factors that have me considering the Gladiator.

Comment

Working...
                              X