Oktoberfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oktoberfest

Thinking of going to one of these for the first time. What can I expect? I assume people just walk around eating, drinking, and listening to polka music. Do people get crazy drunk during the day? I am planning on it being a family outing. I see there are a lot of choices around. Anyone have a favorite one? Addison, Allen, Fort Worth?

McKinney is my favorite but it's starting to get really packed.

It's mostly just a festival with overpriced german beer, German food and music. They are fun if you don't have unrealistic expectations.

I stopped doing Addison because it was just a hassle and not that great last time I was there.

Comment

Been going to Addison for three years straight and it's incredible. It's what the state fair was like when I was a kid. Big carnival is there, excellent food, excellent beer, the polka music is actually very good. There are shops set up where you can buy stuff, there are information booths that you can get free stuff at. I've never seen a fight, or an obnoxious person out there, very family friendly.

There are live shows, and live competitions for the patrons. It is a little expensive, not gonna lie there, but well worth it. I will have my happy ass out there.

Comment

i bet people are drunk as hell at these fairs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          i bet people are drunk as hell at these fairs!!!
          Nah.... I always go out in public looking like this when I'm sober.

Comment

I've been to McKinney, Addison and Muenster. They're all focused on being family friendly, so just go at whatever time is best for your family. Early evening tends to be more crowded, but I've never experienced a Mardi Gras type of atmosphere if that's what concerns you.

Comment

Working...
            X