3M Clear shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M Clear shield

Anyone ever installed this 3M clear bra/shield on the front of their car? We have horrible bugs in the summer and I want to install this on my wife's car. I know how difficult it is just putting on a small sticker on something without getting out bubbles. I wanted to know if this is going to be a PITA to do myself. Thanks.

i think it's easier than putting on a sticker since it's probably put on wet with heat guns and squeegee'd out. BUT you wouldn't do your own tint right? this is something to pay someone else to do.

i was told it's best to put it on a new car immediately so you don't have chips and scratches under the film but whatever.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

This is something I too have been looking into. I need to get my front end redone from rock chips, etc then get the clear bra on there. I bought a DIY one on ebay but so far only put it on my headlights & foglights. Gotta get the front end done before I do the body.

I forgot the exact instructions but when I did my lights I had one spray bottle with diluted alcohol, and one with baby shampoo/water. I know the lights aren't big so it was pretty easy to knock those out. I'd much rather find a professional to do the body and not charge a fortune for it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will check it out with someone who can do it.

Comment

I've done a few. I would highly recommend that you proactively remove the shield after about 5 years or so and replace it if the vehicle sits in the sun often. Once they start to crack they are a fucking nightmare and look like total shit.

You can definitely do it yourself and it isn't that hard. I worked at a vinyl shop out of highschool, but I can teach anyone to lay vinyl and I feel if you're using the right prep spray and squeegee you can take care of it yourself.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

3-M has a new product that sprays on and peels right off. Its a clear bra in can, seems to be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting the clear bra put on.

3-M Paint Defender Spray Film is what its called...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              3-M has a new product that sprays on and peels right off. Its a clear bra in can, seems to be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting the clear bra put on.

3-M Paint Defender Spray Film is what its called...
              Have you used that Henry or know anyone who has? I wonder if it's any good?

Comment

I found it!

Thanks man! I will look for it.

Comment

Just saw the commercial for the 3M stuff
                  Looked like an easy thing

Comment

autozone has a big display now
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                    X