X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new range in flowemound

its a couple miles n or grapevine mills

they have a range, store and a gym

They allow holster draws rapid fire, and their dynamic range has turn and charge targets plus variable illumination

membership seems convoluted, but their crossfire core membership combines crossfit with range time in one session.

Crossfit fags and firearms at the same time and place.... seems like a great idea.

Comment

Rapid fire and holster draws allowed? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Even when those are banned you still manage to see idiots almost kill themselves or others at Ranges. This will just expedite that. Foolish if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Rapid fire and holster draws allowed? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Even when those are banned you still manage to see idiots almost kill themselves or others at Ranges. This will just expedite that. Foolish if you ask me.
        I know Shoot Smart allows this but only on the private lanes. I was talking to Ryan about this last night and he told me that basically you have to take a class they offer ($60??) and after that they sign off on you being able to do so.

I would still be hard pressed to trust others around me at a "public" range doing so and if I saw any idiocy I'm reporting it and leaving the range. I've done a few firearm training classes where we've done rapid fire from the draw while moving but there was a lot of supervision given.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          I know Shoot Smart allows this but only on the private lanes.
          Thats close to how this new range is going to do it

"Holster draw and rapid fire are permitted after being cleared by an RSO or trainer for more advanced drills. We provide the resources to support productive training."

IE take a class or show your badge

Its just good to see a range that will let shooters do double taps, mozambique drills, etc

Comment

From their page:
            With RSO checkout and approval:

Holster draw
            Rapid fire
            Shooting bench removal
            Kneeling, prone, and other shooting postilions
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              You have to pass an instructed course to draw from the holster, and the bays are deep.

Comment

The range is brand new, the reactive target system is a great way to train and grow your skills while having fun and the ROs are attentive but leave you alone.

I just wish it was deeper than 25-30 yards but thats all you get.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  You have to pass an instructed course to draw from the holster, and the bays are deep.
                  I'm going to look into this as I'd like to check it out.

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  The range is brand new, the reactive target system is a great way to train and grow your skills while having fun and the ROs are attentive but leave you alone.

I just wish it was deeper than 25-30 yards but thats all you get.
                  Not sure what the distance is as I could not find it listed on their website. For pistols I'm fine with that. If I took a pistol caliber carbine like the MPX, I'd want something a longer.

Comment

Just noticed on their website it's listed as 25 yards.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Comment

My favorite drill is the shoot/no shoot decision scenario, that goes in 3 cycles at 3 distances, then it does a charge from 20 yards right at you. If you put on police strobe lights on your bay and drop the bay lights, it start some adrenaline flowing if you take the drill seriously like your life depended on it.

Comment

I have shot their several times. All in all an OK shooting spot.

Comment

Working...
                          X