Short 12G Shotgun Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short 12G Shotgun Ammo

I saw an ad in the NRA Magazine about 1 3/4 inch long 12 G shells for self defense. They claim less recoil, more accuracy, and being able to double the rounds you carry. Anyone tried them ? If so, what are your thoughts ?

They are about $2 a piece, you can load them yourself for next to nothing using used hulls, they don't feed in most models of shotguns, and the payload in each shell is significantly reduced. Other than that there isn't a downside to them.

IMO they are the equivalent to a baseball hat being worn backwards by a bro.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 12-26-2018, 08:04 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Are you talking about the Aguila Mini Shotshells?

I read (and I think it was on an ammo site that sold them) that they only work reliably on a Winchester Defender.

Comment

They work OK in my Ithaca 37 as well. You can load in a couple more shells (not double), but they are pretty light stuff. Juice is not worth the squeeze in my opinion.

Comment

Recoil is reduced substantially, in something like the KSG you can go from 16 round capacity to 24 I believe. I've only shot them through the KSG a buddy has. They'd be good in self defense inside the home and close range.

Comment

It's a gimmick. Wouldn't even bother. Number 4 high based goose loads will do as much damage as you need.

Comment

Short shot shells

I think I will just stick with my #4's.

Comment

everything i have read points to them not being all that reliable. prolly the last thing one would want in a defensive shotgun.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

You can easily load 12ga shells at 2"-2.125" for next to nothing if you want to play around with this type of shell. The tiny bit of extra length will get them to work in most applications.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They feed well in mossberg’s if you buy the 20 dollar feed ramp adapter.

Comment

I think the main issue with the shells is feeding properly. As noted, the OPSol mini shell adapter works great.

Comment

Working...
                      X