Anyone build covered patios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone build covered patios

Anyone build or know someone who builds covered patios? I'm wanting to get one built on an outer perimeter of a brick walkway that's about 20x16, or maybe smaller. Looking for someone to do this on the side and wouldn't charge an arm and a leg. Looking to have the patio covered, shingles, built with pine and having the posts cedar.

Where are you located?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Grand prairie off Robinson rd and Westchester

Comment

I was quoted by three company for a 19x8 deck between $5,500 to $7,000. I was shocked to see how much $$$ those are. I'm in for info on someone too.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          I was quoted by three company for a 19x8 deck between $5,500 to $7,000. I was shocked to see how much $$$ those are. I'm in for info on someone too.
          I was quoted between 15k (pergola) and 35k for my patio 21x24. I think that was after I poured the bad ass slab for like 3500. I built it for less than 1700 IIRC and it works like a champ. Built 95 percent of it by myself. Been 7 years but I know it was about a third of the pergola price. I wanted it tall so I could add ceiling fans later which I eventually did.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Same response here. I was quoted at least 4x what it cost me to do myself. I did pay for the concrete...but that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              I was quoted between 15k (pergola) and 35k for my patio 21x24. I think that was after I poured the bad ass slab for like 3500. I built it for less than 1700 IIRC and it works like a champ. Built 95 percent of it by myself. Been 7 years but I know it was about a third of the pergola price. I wanted it tall so I could add ceiling fans later which I eventually did.

What did you use to close the gap between the house roof and the perg? I would like a perg also with the deck. We have the windows that are from floor to the ceiling so we get lots of sun light

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                What did you use to close the gap between the house roof and the perg? I would like a perg also with the deck. We have the windows that are from floor to the ceiling so we get lots of sun light
                A gutter! Was walking around a random house on an alarm one day and noticed how someone had done it. The patio is not connected to the house it over hangs it a little. Even if it is coming a down pour I barely catch a drop under the patio.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                X