Sending my Mystic to the body shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending my Mystic to the body shop.

I need a reputable shop to send my pride and joy to for some paint work. Preferably someone that has worked with BASF Mystic paint and won't try to fuck me on the price because the color changes.

I'm in the Frisco area btw.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
    won't try to fuck me on the price because the color changes.

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

Originally posted by Jaison View Post
      A lot of shops to try a jack the price up because of the color changing paint. But Mystic lays down like any other paint.

Comment

very true!

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

Don't you need to contact ford or something to get the paint? I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
            Don't you need to contact ford or something to get the paint? I could be wrong about that.
            Back in the day you had to contact SVT with your vin # and they would get a hold of BASF with a certified Ford quote on the exact amount you needed for the repairs; BASF would send you that amount only. Now they've released the paint code so now you just contact BASF with how much you need.

Comment

I do know it is because the paint cost a shit load more then reg paint plus they have to paint it black first. I'm trying to get ahold of the place my buddy used to use.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                I do know it is because the paint cost a shit load more then reg paint plus they have to paint it black first. I'm trying to get ahold of the place my buddy used to use.
                I know the cost is pretty high but I thought it was just a black base paint or does that mean the painter has to shoot it black first?

Comment

I thought it was black, then add the mystic. I could very well be wrong.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Try New Concepts Bodywork. Supposed to work on high end stuff. Lambos and such.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Give me a shout 214-991-1725. I just got done painting Wish4svts mystic two weeks ago. I spray PPG. I used mystic mixed by PPG and it was and exact match. I repaired and painted his hood and front bumper. Heres some pics

A pic of the color of the hood after it was put back on matching up to the fender

1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

^^Nice work!!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

^^Nice work!!
                          Thanks. Wish4svts is my best friend and he let the car sit for over a year messed up cause he was scared the ppg wouldnt match. I finally got the car out of his hands and it turned out great. He is now driving it and enjoying it again.
                          1997 viper gts
                          1986 turbo mustang
                          1972 nova

Comment

Wanna paint my truck? I have the paint, I just need to finish up the body work. I'm scared to spray it in our garage... I have little trust in my dad's cheap ass gun.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Wanna paint my truck? I have the paint, I just need to finish up the body work. I'm scared to spray it in our garage... I have little trust in my dad's cheap ass gun.
                              Maybe. If you need to borrow a good paint gun I could also loan you one
                              1997 viper gts
                              1986 turbo mustang
                              1972 nova

Comment

Working...
                              X