Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandies are running in the river

We were using 1/4oz white fluffy roadrunners
    This was the other day when it was sunny and 80 degrees. The key was the rocks. Anywhere there was rocks they were stacked getting the warmth off the rocks. Just now getting around to posting I've been so busy lately and now I've got a touch of the flu so seems like a good day to relax and post.

Looks like you’re a good dad and husband - hunting and fishing with the family. That’s good shit man.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
      Looks like you’re a good dad and husband - hunting and fishing with the family. That’s good shit man.
      Thank ya sir. Made the choice 2 years ago to move away from the big city so I could raise my family in the outdoors. Everyday is awesome out here and always something to do to keep them occupied. This town isn't really small (Graham) they have some pretty cool events on America's biggest downtown square like every year they have the state championship food truck event with about 100 food trucks. Stars and cars where a few tv celebs and everyone brings out their old classics and hot rods then cruise to the town's drive in theatre. Every holiday is some kind of event on the square. The schools are great and have trained armed teachers. And the red bull cliff diving events at PK is just up the road. We tried taking the kids to that but after about an hour they get pretty bored and tired of swimming. I mean after the first couple of jumps it does get pretty boring unless you really really follow the sport. The main thing is none of us regret the move.

Comment

We used to have a deer lease near Graham.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          Thank ya sir. Made the choice 2 years ago to move away from the big city so I could raise my family in the outdoors. Everyday is awesome out here and always something to do to keep them occupied. This town isn't really small (Graham) they have some pretty cool events on America's biggest downtown square like every year they have the state championship food truck event with about 100 food trucks. Stars and cars where a few tv celebs and everyone brings out their old classics and hot rods then cruise to the town's drive in theatre. Every holiday is some kind of event on the square. The schools are great and have trained armed teachers. And the red bull cliff diving events at PK is just up the road. We tried taking the kids to that but after about an hour they get pretty bored and tired of swimming. I mean after the first couple of jumps it does get pretty boring unless you really really follow the sport. The main thing is none of us regret the move.
          When is the Stars and Cars event?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            When is the Stars and Cars event?
            April 13th

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              We used to have a deer lease near Graham.
              There are some good deer out here and exotics like huge red stags and axis deer. I even seen a nilgai last year. I didn't know what the hell it was until I posted the pic on some exotic Facebook pages asking what it was.

Comment

There are some good deer out here and exotics like huge red stags and axis deer. I even seen a nilgai last year. I didn't know what the hell it was until I posted the pic on some exotic Facebook pages asking what it was.
                We hunted there for a couple of years, then outiside of brownwood, and then one near Eliasville. I thought Graham was the best, but it had thick brush that our leasemates blamed for not getting deer.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  We hunted there for a couple of years, then outiside of brownwood, and then one near Eliasville. I thought Graham was the best, but it had thick brush that our leasemates blamed for not getting deer.
                  Got to put in the work to make your spot how you want it. A lot of people out here drive their trucks to their stands so they push all the deer to me. Then I have to listen to them all gripe and complain about not seeing any deer lol. I feed all year long and each year I am improving my place for the deer. Weather it's brushing up fence lines planting trees, bigger food plots each year, adding water sources, building new stands, 2 deer seasons ago I shot 2 deer and an axis, this year I dang near tagged out, my wife got her first buck, and my cousin shot 2 deer. I ate my last doe or spike tag because the freezers were full and I wasn't going to take another deer unless it was a 2.5+ spike

Comment

Got to put in the work to make your spot how you want it. A lot of people out here drive their trucks to their stands so they push all the deer to me. Then I have to listen to them all gripe and complain about not seeing any deer lol. I feed all year long and each year I am improving my place for the deer. Weather it's brushing up fence lines planting trees, bigger food plots each year, adding water sources, building new stands, 2 deer seasons ago I shot 2 deer and an axis, this year I dang near tagged out, my wife got her first buck, and my cousin shot 2 deer. I ate my last doe or spike tag because the freezers were full and I wasn't going to take another deer unless it was a 2.5+ spike
                    Oh I feel you. My dad felt that way too, but it was what it was. I got a doe every year, and walked to the stand in the morning. We didnt drive our corner of the lease during season, some of the other guys would.

I think the oil well guys driving through pissed them off more, but it's the nature of the beast.

Comment

Working...
                    X