New home build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home build

Well, it finally happened. The wife convinced me to build a new home. I finally had enough of our shitty neighbors with dogs that bark incessantly. So, here we go.

We are building just outside of Caddo Mills on a little over 1 acre. It is a subdivision with acre lots. The house will be about 2200 sq. ft. with a 20x15 covered patio. In addition, we are building a 24x40 shot for our laser business. (I know, we should do 30x40, I just can't justify the additional cost to go to 30' wide.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

There is where we are at right now. Frame is up. I did a small frame punch mid week and will probably walk it again this weekend. Hopefully they have the osb sheathing and siding up by mid week. It will be 95% lap siding with some board and batten accents. Painted white, black windows, and black roof. The cover on the back porch will have an open gable.

Comment

Congrats! That'll be a nice setup. Needs more hurricane ties.

Comment

Congrats.
        I'm sure it will be as most builders are building homes more energy efficient, but make sure they are doing a radiant barrier. My last two homes (Highland and Shaddock) had this done along with 16 SEER A/C systems and both homes were very efficient. My last home was 2300sqft. and the electric bill was never over $175.xx ($150.xx average) in the summer. My new home is 4k sqft and its been $150.xx but last month it made it to $206.xx, still not bad compaed to my home in Allen 2-story 3500sqft. and the highest electric bill was $650.xx and then I went to average billing that was $350.xx a month, it was built new in 2000 and was very inefficient.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It’s getting better and better. We are in a 3 year old spray foam insulated house. 1 story, 2300 sq/ft. and the electric is super cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Congrats.
            I'm sure it will be as most builders are building homes more energy efficient, but make sure they are doing a radiant barrier. My last two homes (Highland and Shaddock) had this done along with 16 SEER A/C systems and both homes were very efficient. My last home was 2300sqft. and the electric bill was never over $175.xx ($150.xx average) in the summer. My new home is 4k sqft and its been $150.xx but last month it made it to $206.xx, still not bad compaed to my home in Allen 2-story 3500sqft. and the highest electric bill was $650.xx and then I went to average billing that was $350.xx a month, it was built new in 2000 and was very inefficient.
            I build for Highland homes, where was your Highland?
            Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
            It’s getting better and better. We are in a 3 year old spray foam insulated house. 1 story, 2300 sq/ft. and the electric is super cheap.

That is encouraging. This builder uses spray foam, full encapsulation.

I had the option to do radiant barrier, tjough, with it being full encapsulation, I wasn't sure it would make a lot of difference, so I opted againast it.

Comment

My first Highland was in Suncreek in Allen, 2000-2013, my second was in Liberty 2016-2019.
              I'm now in a Shaddock Home in Parker Texas...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Right on. I've built mostly on the east side. Forney, Rockwall, and Royse City.

Here is where we are today. A couple of items I will insist they take care of, other than that, it is ready for sheathing and siding. Material was on site, hopefully they can get started tomorrow. There are a couple of engineered beams for the cross beam at the back of the patio cover to support the gable.

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-21-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tiled their patio? I'm trying to decide what I want to do to cap the concrete

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-21-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Do yall ever go home? That's insane! Do yall live in thr dark and not use the A/C?

Comment

I have thought of spray foam. I just can not get passes water entering the foam and building mold.

Comment

Shouldn't be much of an issue with closed cell foam

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Do yall ever go home? That's insane! Do yall live in thr dark and not use the A/C?

All LED lights and we work during the day. A/C goes up to 74 during the day, and 69 at night. It’s cheaper to keep it cold, then try and cool it down.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            I have thought of spray foam. I just can not get passes water entering the foam and building mold.

It doesn’t work that way. Residential foam dries out.

Comment

All LED lights and we work during the day. A/C goes up to 74 during the day, and 69 at night. It’s cheaper to keep it cold, then try and cool it down.

Are you fully encapsulated? Or foam on the walls and ceiling?

Comment

Working...
                              X