Today is a wonderful day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    But to me his personality is one of his strong points. He isn’t your typical tell you want to hear politicians. He pushes back, he’s not a pushover like Bush was. Politics is harsh sink or swim, I feel you have to have a brash personality to deal with these career politicians head on. That’s what he’s been doing. They are all in it for money and power. While he does have an ego, it’s less fearful than the other politicians who will do anything for money and power. I think that appeals to a lot of people, it definitely appealed to me. Run the govmt like a business, not a charity.
    Totally get where you're coming from here, but does it really surprise you if people who feel differently outnumber you?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Totally get where you're coming from here, but does it really surprise you if people who feel differently outnumber you?
      On most things no, but the political climate within the last 10-12 years, yes. I believe the majority are sick of political bullshit and corruption.

Comment

On most things no, but the political climate within the last 10-12 years, yes. I believe the majority are sick of political bullshit and corruption.
        I wish I could believe that. I think there are too many touchy-feely (Biden pun intended) people out there who would vote for the person that they find more likable. It is the ultimate popularity contest after all.

Comment

I wish I could believe that. I think there are too many touchy-feely (Biden pun intended) people out there who would vote for the person that they find more likable. It is the ultimate popularity contest after all.
          I chuckled...

Comment

Shallow minded people take favor to people whom they believe like them, value them, and tell them what they want to hear -- regardless of whether or not any of it is true. We have a lot of shallow minded people in the country...

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I chuckled...
            LOL Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              Shallow minded people take favor to people whom they believe like them, value them, and tell them what they want to hear -- regardless of whether or not any of it is true. We have a lot of shallow minded people in the country...
              Well said.

Comment

its fixed

Comment

So you are voting on his personality and not his policies or what he has accomplished? Vs what the Democrats are openly proposing? Wow. Thanks for your contribution.
                  Your post is a perfect example of the reason online political discussions are so fucked up. Blake's post was very objective as to the why, and based on what he said, gave no indication to me that he voted one way or another. He dissed both Biden and Trump, which is representative of how many people feel in this country. You, in response, immediately attribute an unwarranted set of judgments / assumptions based on his very benign comment, then throw in an extremely passive aggressive and insulting judgement to top it off.

I think Blake's assessment was spot on and I voted for that dickhead. That's because I, like many moderates, am also pragmatic.

To win an election you need a group of fervent supporters like you, but also a large number of more moderate voters. You can't alienate one group in order to pander to another. You have to pander to them all equally!

Comment

New suckers are created every day, just because you have grown or changed, doesn't mean they have.
                    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-04-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X