AR10 recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR10 recommendations

I’m finally going to bite the bullet and buy an AR. Upon my brother’s suggetion, I’m looking at an AR10 (though i’m open to suggestion here). My brother also suggested a Panther DPS AR10. My past experience here is with the M16A2, A3 and of course multiple handguns.

My budget is maxed at $1500. So I’m looking for other AR10 suggestions. I’m looking at a weapon with excellent stopping power. I have no issues with a strong kick as long as I can maintain control of the weapon at 500yds. I don’t need a ton of accessories, I can always add those later. I’ve always been good with fixed sights on the M16.

So DFW ‘gun nuts’ what are your AR recommendations? Or what are your alternative recommendations I should be considering?

Unimportant side note. Apparently, in Colorado, I can only buy magazines that hold 7 rounds. Which is as stupid as it sounds because it’s legal to buy a modification kit to increase round capacity or I can just buy a magazine in another state.

Is that budget gun-only or including glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Is that budget gun-only or including glass?
      Gun only. I can buy optics later. For now I can just use fixed sights.

Comment

My recommendation is to not get one.

Comment

15 or 10.. which one is better?
          WH

Comment

Well the difference is that they are completely different. One shoots a .308 the other a .223. Different feel, recoil, ballistics, cost, etc. .223 is cheaper to shoot, but less powerful. .308 is better ballistics and more $$. But good luck at this point in time finding ammo for either, much less the rifle.

Comment

I’d look for an AR in 6.5 creedmore instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                Unimportant side note. Apparently, in Colorado, I can only buy magazines that hold 7 rounds. Which is as stupid as it sounds because it’s legal to buy a modification kit to increase round capacity or I can just buy a magazine in another state.
                You could just do a belt-feed conversion. No magazine capacity issues!
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If all you are doing is bench shooting the ar10 is fun. After about an hour of carrying that heavy bitch around hunting and you'll want something different.

Comment

For a cheap out of the box 308 AR it's almost impossible to beat the Remington R-25. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't come with a threaded barrel or at least the one I bought some years back didn't. It is a sub MOA Rifle right out of the box and the trigger is fantastic and short of a factory national match gun I've never felt a better AR trigger that wasn't a cartridge trigger.

FYI: The 308 ARs are pretty heavy. Make sure to invest in a good sling. A good sling is a worthwhile investment for any rifle. If you review the video of Kyle Rittenhouse you will probably come to the same conclusion I came to. He would not be alive today if he did not have a sling on his rifle.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      You could just do a belt-feed conversion. No magazine capacity issues!
                      I love you man.

hahaha...

Comment

AR10s are heavy as mentioned. An M1A Springfield is a direct competitor as a result. AR10s are not standardized to a spec, so not all parts interchange like AR15s.

I built an Aero AR10 (M5) over about a year by watching sales. I like it, but there are many other ways to do it. Just watch compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          FYI: The 308 ARs are pretty heavy. Make sure to invest in a good sling. A good sling is a worthwhile investment for any rifle. If you review the video of Kyle Rittenhouse you will probably come to the same conclusion I came to. He would not be alive today if he did not have a sling on his rifle.
                          I know they're gonna drop any "charges" but I can't believe they ever arrested him. It was all on video... good shoots. They attacked him. What more is there? Maybe.. mail him a letter saying they cleaned up those bodies he left laying around?
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            I've never felt a better AR trigger that wasn't a cartridge trigger.

He would not be alive today if he did not have a sling on his rifle.
                            Geiselle

A sling is mandatory as well as knowing how to use it. Watch the WW2 Garand training videos if you have not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              I know they're gonna drop any "charges" but I can't believe they ever arrested him. It was all on video... good shoots. They attacked him. What more is there? Maybe.. mail him a letter saying they cleaned up those bodies he left laying around?
                              It’s all political. IMO he’s going to trial.

Comment

Working...
                              X