Transfer of vehicle title on death without a will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of vehicle title on death without a will

Is it possible to transfer a clear title from the deceased to the heir without going to probate court?

My father passed unexpectedly recently, and he didn't have a will or anything set it place. Everything I can find says I have to go through probate court. If I went that route I'd basically break even after paying court and lawyer fees when I sell the vehicle.

For you old folks, you can set up a transfer on death from TXdot now(since 2017). It will make it easer on your kin folks.

Sorry for your loss man.

Comment

You will have to go through probate court. Are you the only heir or recipient? You can text me about this if you want to.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        You will have to go through probate court. Are you the only heir or recipient? You can text me about this if you want to.
        I am. I'll hit you up later. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Sorry for your loss man.
          I appreciate it.

Comment

Unless he happened to sign the title over beforehand.....maybe.?

Comment

sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                I thought about that, but the title didn't deliver to his house until after he died. So... that would be highly suspect.

Comment

Sucks about your dad.

Comment

Sorry for your loss man. The 26 of Nov is the 1 year mark since my dad passed which is also Thanksgiving this year. Sucks.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Probate court through intestacy is your best bet for the next few years. If you get past 4 years an affidavit of heirship will suffice. In real estate anyway, that is my expertise. I don't know about dealing with cars but I imagine it is similar.
                      Last edited by BradM; 11-14-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post

Wink wink. They are not going to check any info at the DMV. They will just take the paperwork and file it. They won’t dig in any farther unless something is suspicious.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          Wink wink. They are not going to check any info at the DMV. They will just take the paperwork and file it. They won’t dig in any farther unless something is suspicious.

CN
                          This
                          Sorry to hear about your pop...

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post

CN
                            Eggs-actly where I was going.

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Sorry about your pops, Eric.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X