• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Juan Maunel Fangio

/thread.
    good call...and a maybe.

Comment

Ken Block...Gymkhanna (sp?) owns all.

I think some of y'all are forgetting just how many motorsports there are. And how many good drivers we've seen in them respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        yes, but he had all of the same advantages as every other racer out there...downforce, power, tires, etc...
        I don't think there's any doubt that Schumi was the absolute best of his generation, but I don't think his generation compares nearly as favorably as Senna's.

Regardless, if the best driver in the world doesn't come from Formula 1, where does he come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          I don't think there's any doubt that Schumi was the absolute best of his generation, but I don't think his generation compares nearly as favorably as Senna's.

Regardless, if the best driver in the world doesn't come from Formula 1, where does he come from?
          All a matter of opinion. I'd say MX takes some serious skills, and 10X's the balls. NASCAR obviously takes skill as well...but I don't think it's near the level. But keep in mind that Formula is such a rich sport that it's not like it even has near the selection pool.

I don't know that I could ever say whether Senna or Schumacher were better. It's too close to call, and completely opionion...ESPECIALLY if you err on the side of Senna.

But I do think saying Senna is the best ever driver of all motorsports is a mistake.

Comment

Ken Block...Gymkhanna (sp?) owns all.

I think some of y'all are forgetting just how many motorsports there are. And how many good drivers we've seen in them respectively.
            4 wheel drives don't count, anybody can look like a super hero, even foust.

Shumacher realized what all great drivers do, that most drivers get to a level where the only difference between what separates you and your competitor is technology. Shumacher took the technology to a different level, but def learned the importance of trying to get a leg up on the competition from senna. But at he end of Senna's time, shumacher was already starting to bust that ass in a benneton.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

But keep in mind that Formula is such a rich sport that it's not like it even has near the selection pool.
              Bingo.......outrunning a bunch of bought rides doesn't exactly tell the world if you are great, or just a pro among people who are playing.
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                4 wheel drives don't count, anybody can look like a super hero, even foust.

Shumacher realized what all great drivers do, that most drivers get to a level where the only difference between what separates you and your competitor is technology. Shumacher took the technology to a different level, but def learned the importance of trying to get a leg up on the competition from senna. But at he end of Senna's time, shumacher was already starting to bust that ass in a benneton.
                Exactly!

It's not just a challenge amongst drivers, but between engineers and investors as well.

Comment

Cool i've got it set to record now. As soon as you said F1 I knew haha.

Comment

senna > the rest.
                    he simply did it in cars that shouldn't have won and he did it extraordinary fashion every time he drove.
                    schumacher is great but he drove a ferrari during the peak of their dominance.

vettel? it's way too early to say but i want to say it's red bull more than vettel.

hell, i don't even think vettel is the most talented driver in f1 (current/active). i think that crown belongs to fernando alonso and i dont like him at all.
                    Last edited by momo; 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      senna > the rest.
                      he simply did it in cars that shouldn't have won and he did it extraordinary fashion every time he drove.
                      schumacher is great but he drove a ferrari during the peak of their dominance.

vettel? it's way too early to say but i want to say it's red bull more than vettel.

hell, i don't even think vettel is the most talented driver in f1. i think that crown belongs to fernando alonso and i dont like him at all.
                      He won in a McLaren...not at all an underdog...he was literally there in the

Look at the point differentials between Senna and Prost in their few seasons together...not really much of a difference. Same car right?

And to add to this...Senna was with McLaren during the peak of their dominance just like Schumacher with Ferrari. They wont 7 of 8 championships from 84 to 91. That's a better run than Ferrari, and don't forget Schu has done it with Benetton as well.
                      Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I would vote Fangio as well, but have a lot of love for Jim Clark.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

except his first year when he raced for a newer team and still managed to put that heap on the podium. he should have won monaco that year if they didnt red flag the race.

he managed to make lotus into a winning team with a car that wasn't that competitive. it wasnt the championship but it was race wins nonetheless.

those were both before going to mclaren.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

No Giancarlo Fisichella, no care...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                              except his first year when he raced for a newer team and still managed to put that heap on the podium. he should have won monaco that year if they didnt red flag the race.

he managed to make lotus into a winning team with a car that wasn't that competitive. it wasnt the championship but it was race wins nonetheless.

those were both before going to mclaren.
                              You sound exactly like the documentary...

Comment

great movie..

Comment

Working...
                                X