• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here play EVE online anymore?

Just curious.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

I want to since it doesn't take forever to skill up, just don't know too many to play and show me around in game.

Comment

I stopped playing in 2007. It has one hell of a learning curve though, one screw-up can set you back weeks or months. I had to stop playing when the bounties on my head started getting into tens of millions. Hell, I had people trying to suicide-gank me in high-sec space. It was a lot of fun though, especially in big, organized groups.

Here is something odd I ran into one day:

Stevo
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

See I have no idea what you just said, but I did follow the GoonSwarm or whatever big fiasco awhile back. Interesting stuff.

Comment

I want to but damn the learning curve is steep and the time sink factor is even worse. I played for a couple of weeks one time and it was just an economic simulator, all I did was mine asteroids for money and train my skills. I decided that my time in Wow gave me more enjoyment.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I played from Feb 2006 to Nov 2008, and got up to around 40 million skill points on my main character. I actually enjoyed the shit out of the game, but the time-sink it became for me was a problem in real life.

I also got tired of them jacking with the mechanics of the game all the time.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yeah I do hit me up my toons are Evisicator and FAO EzJ

Comment

Lol, I went to re-subscribe and my Visa debit card will not allow payments made to that country (Iceland I believe).

Stevo

Comment

Are the expansions free?
                  I bought Eve looooong time ago when it was 5 bucks on Steam, its in my Steam list as EVE: Incursion. Do I just need to resub?

Comment

All upgrade content it free.
                    That game will let you expierence shit no other MMORPG can.
                    The shear size of the battling groups was awesome.

I loved seeing two groups of battleships 250 vs 250, battling it out in space. Focus fire melting ships left and right. Suddenly there is a heavy interdictor 2k away. You see a flash... The sun gets blotted out... you zoom...holy shit they just dropped a titan on us. ( of course they cant do this anymore.)

That game owns, but the learning curve is like a Cliff.

Comment

$15 a month to play, like WoW. I stopped playing in 2006 because the lag at jump-gates was nasty and usually resulted in you getting getting your shit wiped out before you even zoned-in on the other side. I was told that was fixed, so I was going to give it a try.

Bad thing is, most all of my shit is in some station in 0.0 space, so I will probably end up losing that that stuff and a few ships if they can't be sold. I figured I'd have to spend a few weeks back in Jita or some shit re-learning how to play with the newbs.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        $15 a month to play, like WoW. I stopped playing in 2006 because the lag at jump-gates was nasty and usually resulted in you getting getting your shit wiped out before you even zoned-in on the other side. I was told that was fixed, so I was going to give it a try.

Bad thing is, most all of my shit is in some station in 0.0 space, so I will probably end up losing that that stuff and a few ships if they can't be sold. I figured I'd have to spend a few weeks back in Jita or some shit re-learning how to play with the newbs.

Stevo
                        By the time I stopped playing, Jita was like going to Walmart on Christmas eve. Easily 500-800 people in system at any given time, or more. Trying to undock from Jita 4-4 could easily be an infuriating clusterfuck as you pinball off of other, larger ships that are themselves chaotically bouncing around.

Unless they have changed things, you might look into time cards. You can buy codes online from various retailers that will get you 30, 60, or 90 days, or however long in the game.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'll probably go the time card route if I start playing again. I wanted to use a pre-paid debit card this time because last time I played they continued to charge my account after repeated attempts to get them to stop, I ended up having to go through the bank to put a stop to it.

Stevo

Comment

EVE...an addiction that took a while for me to shake...from Nov 2004, to Aug of 2009
                            Have six accounts, did a lot of things, lived a lot of places, and experienced a lot in the game. Two carrier/dread pilots, two heavy freighter pilots, one heavy industry-heavy freighter pilot, and a cyno-alt network that allowed me to jump/move anywhere without depending on lame people in the game.

My all time high was being in a corp that mass produced Titan class ships. Alliances paid us to join them, just so we could build their Titans for them and their allys. Sometimes we were paid to fuck alliances over thinking they were going to get Titans..instead we used their space and protection against them. Wow. Very fun.

The LAG, the community, the t20 incident, the time sink, the exploits, and CCPs CYA campaigns eventually killed it for me. Every now and then I'll get the itching to go back..but I just goto the forums and start reading, and all the pain comes back.. Same old EVE.

Comment

Been playing since 2004 Im not a addict (yeah right )

Comment

Working...
                              X