Weird Brake bleeding problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Brake bleeding problem

Doing an IRS Swap in a 90 coupe, and I have changed everything in the brake system minus the prop valve, the hard lines, and the front lines( have the new front lines just need the 94-95 spindles). I replaced the Master, the Booster, (93 cobra units) new front calipers, adjustable prop valve, some new hardlines plumbed to stainless hoses in the back, connected to new rear calipers. The problem seems as if I do not get any fluid moving through the system. I adjust the push rod on the booster, twice making sure it was measured correctly. and it just seems to not have much flow. Some fluid makes it to all calipers, but not enough to clamp the pads to the rotors.

Any ideas?

TIA

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

Comment

^^agreed. Are you bleeding it with the motor running or off?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?
        I did not, I thought the newer ones were self-bleeding... or at least that's what I read... ( never changed a master cylinder before ) maybe the problem

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
        ^^agreed. Are you bleeding it with the motor running or off?
        Have tried it off, running, with the wife pressing the pedal, and with the vacuum bleeder. Nada on all attempts.

Comment

You will have to bench bleed the master first, I had the same problem and learned the hard way. Welcome to the "do everything twice" club.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            You will have to bench bleed the master first, I had the same problem and learned the hard way. Welcome to the "do everything twice" club.
            Well shit, I've been waiting to finish the swap to start a build thread.

Comment

You can bleed it on the car. Beat it with a rubber mallet.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

When you say beat it, do mean like Thor or love taps?

Comment

Well bench bleed was the trick, forced fluid in the ports with the syringe looking kit, and did it by pushing the plunger and cycling the fluid back in the tank. Have a nice hard pedal and no air at the bleed screws.

Thanks for the tips men!

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                    Well bench bleed was the trick, forced fluid in the ports with the syringe looking kit, and did it by pushing the plunger and cycling the fluid back in the tank. Have a nice hard pedal and no air at the bleed screws.

Thanks for the tips men!
                    Just the tip...
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                    X