how would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you handle this?

i hired a shop to do the simple task of changing the fluids on my transmission, transfer case, and both differentials. this is a legit (or so i thought) business. i was told it would take a day to do and that i could pick it up that evening, if i dropped it off first thing in the morning.

we agreed on a price, and i dropped it off at 7 am on my day off. mind you i'm fully expecting my truck back that night so i can get to work in the morning. i hear nothing from the guy, so i call 30 minutes before close wondering what's going on. he says, "well i called these parts stores and they didnt have the stuff i like to use in a limited slip diff." itll be tomorrow. ok, im not enthused about this, but ill buy it. same deal the next day, no word until i again call him 30 minutes before close. he says "i apologize" and something about one of his guys falling off a ladder, and being shorthanded blah blah blah. wtf does that have to do with my truck? he says it will be done first thing in the morning.

i'm irritated now, but i was polite and said ok. now today, its 1 pm and no word, so i call, he says "yep itll be done today" 30-45 minutes the guys are at lunch. i said alright call me later and ill pay you over the phone and ill pick it up after work since i get off after they close. you guessed it, no fucking call.

so i stop by the shop on the way home hours after theyve closed. there's my truck in the parking lot, and get this, the asshole left the hood popped, yet closed, and MY FUCKING TRUCK UNLOCKED WITH THE KEY ON THE FLOORMAT! this is an open lot not really in a great area. i was livid. went home, came back up there and took my truck. i dont know how much he actually did, i think he probaly changed the tranny fluid and maybe the rest, or maybe nothing at all.

how would you handle it from here?

Take it a lesson learned not to use them in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      Take it a lesson learned not to use them in the future.
      well no shit. but, he hasnt been paid yet. he has no payment information and ive signed no work order for the price we agreed on

that's what i'm curious about how i should handle the situation.

Comment

you already did

Comment

I'd be real tempted to get back in another vehicle and demand he turn over my truck right fuckin now because I'm sick of the run around and waiting. I'd then threaten to call the PO PO about the stolen truck and my lawyer.... I'd let this jack wagon shit his pants for being a class A douche nozzle. But that's just how I do shit sometimes.

Comment

i have the truck, he has no money, proof that i authorized any work with my signature, etc...

him leaving my truck unlocked with the key in plain sight pushed me over the edge.

if i decide to pay him something, and thats a big if, he sure as shit isnt getting full payment

Comment

already wasted too much time.

just move on like you already did.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                already wasted too much time.

just move on like you already did.

agreed. just wanted to confirm i wasnt being a pos with my line of thinking. i try to avoid drama at all costs. honesty and communication was all i was looking for from him

Comment

If he did the work you all agreed on, you need to pay for services rendered. Just because you're pissed about how the truck was left for you to pick it up isn't a reason not to pay.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You should've done it yourself in the first place wtf

Sounds like some U-turn Billy Bob Thornton type of shit. Your lucky that engine wasn't completely torn down.

Seriously though, I would go over your truck with a fine tooth comb and for the love of god stop going to the shop to get your windshield wipers replaced

Comment

Don't pay them shit, if you don't think the work was done take it to another shop and have them do it.

Comment

Even if the work was done, I'd do it myself or take it somewhere else. Why trust the guy that made foolish choices?

Comment

Call them to ask if its done yet, let them squirm a little bit.

Comment

That's exactly what I would do. Keep calling that fucker until he fesses up that it's been stolen off his lot.

Just remember he probably has video of you doing it...
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Call them to ask if its done yet, let them squirm a little bit.
                              Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              That's exactly what I would do. Keep calling that fucker until he fesses up that it's been stolen off his lot.

Just remember he probably has video of you doing it...
                              Yep. "Sooooo, is my truck done YET? I really need it for the weekend."
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X