Service King SUCKS ASS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    You'd think after a repaint, they would've looked over it before sending it out the door.
    80% of their customers don't even notice and are just happy to get their cars back. They do shit work initially, because most people accept it. They'll make it right after you bitch. Don't expect perfection the next time they say it's ready either. You'll have to go through this BS at least two rounds, maybe four. Sad but true.

Comment

There is a reason they called you to say the truck was "done" 20 minutes before closing... from what I hear it's a common trick to cover shady work.

Comment

I've had okay luck with them. However, after a break in (busted window) on my Explorer many years ago, they replaced it with some off brand window that had a decent sized label etched into it. I wouldn't know or care if it wasn't Ford glass except that it had the label. That shit looks tacky on a nice vehicle. Then they tried to match the tint and used some blue-ish crap tint. I bitched, and they quickly put in a Ford window and let me deal with the tint myself. I think they will take care of you fine once you point out their mistakes. My other trips there have turned out alright. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Bail money says you won't!
          you got bond, and I got 200 for someone to shit in their lobby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
            Thats some Earl Schiebe paint work
            More like the old Facto-Bake
            Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

yeah!!! And that's just what I was able to get to show up in a picture. Just about the whole top edge of both windows has painted tape residue. Not near as bad as the two pics but when it's painted and shiney, it stands out like a sore thumb. Shouldn't a sander have taken that off with ease? Which is why I think they literally scuffed it with a scotch brite. There's a few more edges where it looks like their air hose rubbed against and messed up the clear. Then there's the typical shop dust (buffing compound) all over the interior.

The guys at the Traders Village parking lot probably do better work than this.
              If this was an insurance job inform your insurance company and they will see to that the work is done correctly. I have had the same issue with a body shop before and I just reported it to my insurance company and they made sure it was done to my satisfaction

Comment

At least the orange peel came out nice

Comment

Tell them to keep a buffer away from your truck too, unless you want horrible swirl marks on every square inch of it.

Comment

I guess it depends on location. I had a coworker run over the nose of my jaguar I used to have and they made it perfect here in Waco. Granted it was right after they bought out wades but the car was perfect. I'd make them make right on that. I wouldn't be happy either.

Comment

Service King?!

You do know you have the right to chose where it goes for work, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                        At least the orange peel came out nice
                        Lmao!

Comment

Well that's just great. Seems like a good way to see repeat customers in a bad way. I originally went to a GM dealer for the repair but the one I checked out sends their customers to Caliber Collision. I figured this was the norm now so I just went to Service King.
                          Classic in Arlington? SK and Caliber are currently competing for largest Corp in the US. I do have to say Caliber has higher quality of repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                            If this was an insurance job inform your insurance company and they will see to that the work is done correctly. I have had the same issue with a body shop before and I just reported it to my insurance company and they made sure it was done to my satisfaction
                            Thanks for the tip. I'll call the adjuster in the morning to see what she says about it before heading up to SK.

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                            Classic in Arlington? SK and Caliber are currently competing for largest Corp in the US. I do have to say Caliber has higher quality of repairs.
                            Yeah, that's where I went. SK was closer, Enterprise was onsite, and the insurance appraiser had all GM parts in the estimate (minus the door glass) so I figured all they had to do was repair the damage, paint it right and install the parts. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

That particular Caliber has one of the most recently upgraded paint shops in the metroplex. The only SK with a comparable paint shop is the GP shop off 20/360. The shop plays a lot in the quality.

Comment

hmm, that's where I went

Comment

Working...
                                X