2013 Gt - spare tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Gt - spare tire?

So I haven't bought a car in forever. I have been driving a 2004 Mustang GT, and it was time to upgrade.

I got a 2013 GT - and it doesn't have a spare, but an airpump. The salesguy told me it was common for that model not to have a spare - so before I look an idiot and press the issue I wanted to ask the brain trust first.

Thanks.

My understanding is the 10-14 cars came with the tire mobility kit if it was a base v6, or a gt with brembos. Only cars that got a spare are premium v6's and GT's that didn't have the brembo brakes. He is right though, alot of them dont have a spare.

Comment

Thanks! That's what my forum research has concluded as well. Because of the Brembo's the standard spare wouldn't fit anyway so they offered the airpump and fix a flat goo instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
        My understanding is the 10-14 cars came with the tire mobility kit if it was a base v6, or a gt with brembos. Only cars that got a spare are premium v6's and GT's that didn't have the brembo brakes. He is right though, alot of them dont have a spare.
        Correct, and stoopied.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
          Not quite right. My 2012 Premium V6 did not have a spare. My understanding is that 2.73 geared auto V6 cars (the only ones rated at 31MPG) and the Brembo equipped GT's are the no spare tire cars. Apparently weight was that critical on those 2 cars.

Ford offers a kit with the spare, jack, wrench & hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
            Not quite right. My 2012 Premium V6 did not have a spare. My understanding is that 2.73 geared auto V6 cars (the only ones rated at 31MPG) and the Brembo equipped GT's are the no spare tire cars. Apparently weight was that critical on those 2 cars.

Ford offers a kit with the spare, jack, wrench & hold down.
            Yeah, but a guy with a Brembo GT from that same dealership got a better deal.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
            X