No announcement yet.

How's your portfolio looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked and I'm down about 2% for the year. If you did your homework and you know you picked good funds you're better off not checking it so often. I check mine maybe once a month. You don't want to have a knee jerk reaction and pull everything out while it's down because it will eventually come back and you'd be losing out.

If you just really can't take the volatility then you may want to invest in some bonds or something with a lower, steady rate of return.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Yeah, the last month has been rough for sure. We took advantage of a solid string of up days to really dial back exposure in our one fund that really can't lose a lot.

Personally, I'm down about 4% from my peak, not including cash contributions for the last month. A bad thing about accumulating a decent sized portfolio is the fact that a bad day wipes out thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. You know what you should do, it's a marathon not a sprint. I do anticipate this volatility hanging around for a while - at least the next month and likely the next 3.

I'm down 4% as well. Peak for me was the end of June.

Comment

Down 4.7%. *cries*

But I'm looking at everything I buy now is "on sale". Gotta look at long term averaging and we're in it for the long haul, not quick e-trade profits.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Your Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months ending 08/31/2015 is -0.19%.

Still down $9k+/- but I also know that by the time that I need these funds, market will have turned and compounded interest exceeded the difference lost.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
            Your Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months ending 08/31/2015 is -0.19%.

Still down $9k+/- but I also know that by the time that I need these funds, market will have turned and compounded interest exceeded the difference lost.
            You have a $4.5 million portfolio? Ballin'!
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

...and only down .19% when the rest of us have lost a few points, it's magic.

Comment

You do understand that accounting does not always have to be conducted in simple math terms correct?

Personal Investment Performance (PIP) — The rate of return earned by your entire account during the 12-month period ending on the date indicated on your annual statement or on your Account Balance page of the TSP website. The PIP is a time-weighted return that has been calculated using a modified-Deitz method (a method used by many financial institutions and an industry standard). The PIP adjusts for the distorting effects of cash flows into or out of your account. It is an estimate; therefore, your PIP may not be the same as the 12-month performance of the TSP funds, which are time-weighted returns.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                  You do understand that accounting does not always have to be conducted in simple math terms correct?

Personal Investment Performance (PIP) — The rate of return earned by your entire account during the 12-month period ending on the date indicated on your annual statement or on your Account Balance page of the TSP website. The PIP is a time-weighted return that has been calculated using a modified-Deitz method (a method used by many financial institutions and an industry standard). The PIP adjusts for the distorting effects of cash flows into or out of your account. It is an estimate; therefore, your PIP may not be the same as the 12-month performance of the TSP funds, which are time-weighted returns.
                  Lmao
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

16.9 and not even breaking a sweat. Just means its a good time to buy more with it being down.

Comment

Lmao
                      Tell me you too spit drink on your keyboard just as I did when reading that.

Comment

Lmao
                        I agree, it's a way to skew the numbers...but hey, who do you think I work for??
                        As far as I know, every federal government agency uses this method with TSP.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          Tell me you too spit drink on your keyboard just as I did when reading that.
                          If I would have had something in there, I very well might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

it's going down so don't let them bullshit you. Take a look at a chart and tell me what looks good about it. The fed has created the biggest bubble in history and it will be nasty when it pops. I hope I am wrong

Comment

If you notice the macd on sp it's about to diverge. This is extremely bad. A close below 1820 will be extremely bearish. 1840-70 next battle ground

Comment

Working...
                                X