Service King SUCKS ASS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service King SUCKS ASS!!

I'm not convinced they even have a QA department. I picked up my truck today about 20 minutes before closing. Had I known to expect shitty work, I would've got there sooner and gave it a look over and left it there. I'll be going back Monday morning...

The truck use to have the window vents. I had taken them off and had been working on removing the double sided tape. Since the break-in occurred, they needed to paint the left doors, I guess it was too much to sand the tape off. Looks like they just scuffed the paint enough to spray it without removing the old tape.

I'm not sure what happened here. Looks like there was something on the surface to cause the paint to not stick. The pic doesn't do it justice.

At first I thought this was a nasty paint run but no. I guess they removed the door to "prep" it and while removing or installing, it looks like it got away from them and the lower part made contact with the hinge. That is a ding on the inside edge that lines up perfectly with the hinge. No need to correct it though, right?? Just let it roll on out. You can also see some other fuck ups, er I mean finishing touches along the door edge. The fender edge has some too.

God damn that looks like shit!!!

Comment

Thats some Earl Schiebe paint work

Comment

Man just looking at that makes me want to kick their ass!!!

Comment

yeah!!! And that's just what I was able to get to show up in a picture. Just about the whole top edge of both windows has painted tape residue. Not near as bad as the two pics but when it's painted and shiney, it stands out like a sore thumb. Shouldn't a sander have taken that off with ease? Which is why I think they literally scuffed it with a scotch brite. There's a few more edges where it looks like their air hose rubbed against and messed up the clear. Then there's the typical shop dust (buffing compound) all over the interior.

The guys at the Traders Village parking lot probably do better work than this.
          Last edited by GeorgeG.; 11-15-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Poor prep work and carelessness with teardown and reassembly. But yes, blend panels/blend with in panels are prepped with scotch brite pads. I do not recommend SK repair facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
              Man just looking at that makes me want to kick their ass!!!
              Lets fucking do it! COME ON!
              I've still got some pent up rage from 2006 when they repaired my hail damage mustang.
              Let's fuck'em up!
              RAWWWRWRWARWRWRWR!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Poor prep work and carelessness with teardown and reassembly. But yes, blend panels/blend with in panels are prepped with scotch brite pads. I do not recommend SK repair facilities.
                Well that's just great. Seems like a good way to see repeat customers in a bad way. I originally went to a GM dealer for the repair but the one I checked out sends their customers to Caliber Collision. I figured this was the norm now so I just went to Service King.

Comment

I'd take a huge shit on their showroom floor!!!

Comment

They did a pathetic job on an S10 I took to them on an insurance claim back in 2006/2007.

Comment

That is terrible prep work. Take it back Monday and show them. Surely they will take care of it and fix it for you. Don't let them tell you it just needs to be buffed though. It needs to be stripped down and re painted. They should have painted over the sticking residue left from the visors.
                      1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

I wouldnt move it.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                          I'd take a huge shit on their showroom floor!!!
                          Bail money says you won't!

Comment

They will fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                              They will fix it
                              I hope so man.... What's strange is that it was suppose to be ready last Monday. They called me and said that something went wrong during paint so it had to be repainted. I just assumed it was due to the sudden cold weather, no biggie. You'd think after a repaint, they would've looked over it before sending it out the door.

Comment

Working...
                              X