FCC Chairman's Proposal Will Radically Change The Rules Of The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    did you have high hopes for obamacare? i feel like im being too pessimistic sometimes about the future of our country. sad thing is, i dont think i really am, im just a realist. i just dont see how people think giving the fcc control over the internet is a good thing, I can see how classifying it as a utility would be beneficial though. I just know what our government really wants out of the deal. if you genuinely think the government wants to help you are being way too naive.
    No, i did not have high hopes for obama care.
    And i don't care if the government wants to "help me", i'm sick of these fucking companies keeping us so far behind in the internet and cellular fields because they've got the money to corner the market, and charge insane amounts for their services.

Americans are fucking stupid if they think they're getting any kind of a deal on internet or cellular connections in this country, and it fucking infuriates me to see shit like Comcast, Verizon, and At&t strangling consumers and expecting us to be thankful for what they have graced us with. We pay too much and get too little, and someone has to stop that shit. This is the first step towards that.

the government can monitor my internet all fucking day for all i care (although i don't believe they will anymore than they do now). They'll see i spend way too much time connected to myfreecams.com, xnxx.com, and a vpn connection that they have no control over.
    sigpic

Comment

• I pay $160 a month for cable TV and the internet. My connection is virtually instant. I wish I could get fucked like this more often.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        No, i did not have high hopes for obama care.
        And i don't care if the government wants to "help me", i'm sick of these fucking companies keeping us so far behind in the internet and cellular fields because they've got the money to corner the market, and charge insane amounts for their services.

Americans are fucking stupid if they think they're getting any kind of a deal on internet or cellular connections in this country, and it fucking infuriates me to see shit like Comcast, Verizon, and At&t strangling consumers and expecting us to be thankful for what they have graced us with. We pay too much and get too little, and someone has to stop that shit. This is the first step towards that.

the government can monitor my internet all fucking day for all i care (although i don't believe they will anymore than they do now). They'll see i spend way too much time connected to myfreecams.com, xnxx.com, and a vpn connection that they have no control over.
        i wish i could be so optimistic!
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I pay $160 a month for cable TV and the internet. My connection is virtually instant. I wish I could get fucked like this more often.
          I pay $70 for 25/5 connection, because comcast prevents any competition in my area. Pure. Fucking. Bullshit.
          sigpic

Comment

I pay $70 for 25/5 connection, because comcast prevents any competition in my area. Pure. Fucking. Bullshit.
            Well enjoy that taste of victory while it last. Your cost per month will go up sooner rather than later. The net is sort of like an airliner in that the 1st class seats pay for most of the rid; get ride of 1st class and most carriers will have to raise their rates considerably.

The anger that you are exhibiting towards Comcast is what has been used to make you believe that this is about making things "Fair". This change is really just a MASSIVE power grab that will be used to control political content and you accepted that power grab because you believed that the government was out to help you by sticking it to a big company.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              Well enjoy that taste of victory while it last. Your cost per month will go up sooner rather than later. The net is sort of like an airliner in that the 1st class seats pay for most of the rid; get ride of 1st class and most carriers will have to raise their rates considerably.

The anger that you are exhibiting towards Comcast is what has been used to make you believe that this is about making things "Fair". This change is really just a MASSIVE power grab that will be used to control political content and you accepted that power grab because you believed that the government was out to help you by sticking it to a big company.
              See post #266
              sigpic

Comment

See post #266
                we hope so. taking at look at the governments track record says other wise.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

See post #266
                  Why is it that in every other instance of the government doing anything, they fuck it up, lie about it, and make it worse, but in this instance you think they are telling the truth and will improve? They literally just did this exact same thing on health care.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    Why is it that in every other instance of the government doing anything, they fuck it up, lie about it, and make it worse, but in this instance you think they are telling the truth and will improve? They literally just did this exact same thing on health care.
                    Because they aren't trying to roll out obamanet.
                    sigpic

Comment

because comcast bro!
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Yet.

Comment

Yet.
                          Jesus fucking christ.

I used to laugh when liberal fucks called conservatives/republicans scared and fear mongers, but i'm starting to see what they mean when it comes to this topic.
                          sigpic

Comment

• liberals have a short memory and live in a fairy tale land!
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Jesus fucking christ.

I used to laugh when liberal fucks called conservatives/republicans scared and fear mongers, but i'm starting to see what they mean when it comes to this topic.
                              You only feel that way because you are wrong.

Comment

I got news for ya; they just did and you were to slow to see it.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X