No announcement yet.

The Police Are Still Out Of Control -Frank Serpico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap. NYPD starts out at 46k. $24 bucks an hour. No way in hell i'd do that job for that pay. efff that.

Comment

Intelligent policing means reduced revenues.
      Last edited by Sean88gt; 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Which would result in the cities having to pay more. The job would then attract smarter people.
        Yea, just look at Arlington PD and their degree requirement.....

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        We know they don't want that, since they're actively eliminating people with high IQs from their potential rookie pool.
        Proof?

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        My idea is to set the standard higher, rather than lower. They can exclude an applicant for a high iq, where they should have a bottom and no top.

Drive out done of the idiots, and pay a bit more to hire people that can think and have good decision making and can work well under pressure.
        Then you would have everyone screaming racism....

I applied for DPS back in 1991. I was told that they were only taking 10 applicants from the Waco region and that I better score high, because they were only taking the top 5 white males. If I scored a 95, and I was the 6th ranked white male I was out. Even if the highest minority scored a 71, he was in over my 95.

Seem fair? Gotta love Affirmative Action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Intelligent policing mears reduced revenues.
          I'm going to hold you down and pull out your beard hairs one at a time with a pair of tweezers.....

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Proof?

Then you would have everyone screaming racism....

I applied for DPS back in 1991. I was told that they were only taking 10 applicants from the Waco region and that I better score high, because they were only taking the top 5 white males. If I scored a 95, and I was the 6th ranked white male I was out. Even if the highest minority scored a 71, he was in over my 95.

Seem fair? Gotta love Affirmative Action.
            When did stupid people get to be a race.

[ ] white
            [ ] black
            [ ] Mexican
            [X] stupid
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Am I wrong? I'd actually like to see a state by state comparison of number of police per capita, total revenue raised, numbers of arrests for serious crimes vs. petty crimes, and the overall crime numbers.

I believe Texas has 7.7 police per 10,000 people (These are older numbers from some research I had done about 5 years) and Colorado was around .7/10,000, and I felt far safer there than in Texas. Granted, the demographics are completely different, but more police does not mean more safer.

Comment

You couldn't just show them your ASVAB score?
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

And that is why I'm going to champion for gingers to be their own race.

Comment

Proof?
                    I'm not gonna go digging for it, but there was an article posted here a while back. Their reasoning was that the potential officers with a high IQ would be more inclined to look for a different job. They were afraid they would spend money on training and gear only to have the officer quit relatively early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I'm not gonna go digging for it, but there was an article posted here a while back. Their reasoning was that the potential officers with a high IQ would be more inclined to look for a different job. They were afraid they would spend money on training and gear only to have the officer quit relatively early in his career.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Proof?

What do you mean, Proof? It's in the political forum, and you've commented about it several times already when it has been brought up in other threads. Do you ever remember anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Did you really read that article and swallow it hook, line, and sinker knowing the agenda?

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          What do you mean, Proof? It's in the political forum, and you've commented about it several times already when it has been brought up in other threads. Do you ever remember anything?
                          That article has no credibilty. There are valid points, but as a whole the agenda ruins credibilty. The author has made it say what he wants it to say.

Comment

Of course no one here said anything about a degree, only higher pay.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Of course no one here said anything about a degree, only higher pay.
                              So Arlington, with a degree requirement, has the lowest pay?

That makes sense. People with college degrees working for low pay. Makes total sense.

Comment

That article has no credibilty. There are valid points, but as a whole the agenda ruins credibilty. The author has made it say what he wants it to say.

I don't see how you'd have a problem with that since it describes any post we could pull out of the air that you've made in regards to the police.

Comment

Working...
                                X