Wavy foundation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wavy foundation?

Just purchased a new 2014 built home, when I walk around I feel drunk because the foundation feels wavy, neighbors feels the same way, is that the norm with these new homes with a PT slab? All kinds of little things with this new home, they don't build em like they used to!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

You won't feel the foundation moving. Sounds more like flooring issues to me.

Comment

My post tension does not feel that way - concur with juiceweezl
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sounds like he's describing high and low spots in the foundation

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          This is what i got out of it.

Comment

Under carpet? Some dont scrape the floors before they lay it.
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Under carpet? Some dont scrape the floors before they lay it.
              You should be slapped for saying carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Yep
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Do you feel it with all floor surfaces?

Our tile and wood installers float/grind the floor level before laying those floor coverings. Carpet, they scrape the drywall mud and other crap off and lay it.

Only a couple of times have I felt major changes in the floor under carpet. Both times it was a low spot.

Keep in mind, the slab is hand floated/troweled. There is definitely going to be some high/low spots though they shouldn't be as noticable as what you are describing.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Sounds like they didn't grind the slab
                    WH

Comment

Carpet only, it's pissing me off, I wonder if my new home warranty covers them pulling the carpet and floating the floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        Carpet only, it's pissing me off, I wonder if my new home warranty covers them pulling the carpet and floating the floors.
                        If you built it brand new, then yes the new home warrant will cover it. If your talking about a warranty company like AHS or one of those fuck sticks, forget about it...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          It should. We would definitely be pulling carpet and floating/scraping floors.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Looks like the warranty says 1/4" over 36"
                            I hope the builder is ready to pull some carpet!

Comment

So do you guys think this is just sloppy work or maybe a bigger issue with the foundation? The whole house pretty much feels like this, I frequently find myself tripping on the high spots and trying to find my balance just standing on the carpet.

Comment

Working...
                              X