No announcement yet.

Drag Suspension Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like reading books, this one helped me a lot in my suspension.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005X0ZANO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detai lpage_o00_[/ame]

Comment

The biggest issue on the stick deal is up setting the tire with seesaw like pitch rotation, of the weight transfer, on the gear change. You got to be fast and consistent on the shift to keep the front end up on the gear change to stay on the tire, other wise the car will nose over and knock the tires off, and they will spin. Dog ring syncro's / liberty shifted modified transmission will help alot with this, as you drop the clutch once when you leave, and blip the throttle on the up shift all the way down the track. this is why a slick works a little better in this scenario, because they will put up with a little more movement in the side wall, then a radial, before they knock off.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
        I dug through my time slips from this past weekend and went a 1.51, that was the fastest ever 60'. It wasn't a good pass though cause I was hitting boost cut dialing in the boost controller. Here is a pass from this past weekend probably a 1.54 60' never mind the popping and banging from the other car.

You'll be able to leave a lot harder than this setup with a clutch, i Leave off the trans brake at 3500. Last year with the 5 speed I'd dump the clutch at 5500 302/t5/4.56/26" and it would tote the front tire but the 60' was only around 1.55. I did a bunch of reading on the stick/radial when I had the t5 because I wanted to run on the street and what I *read* (not actually tested first hand) was that the stick would tear the stiffer sidewalls out of the radials pretty quick so I wound up just running my slicks everywhere.
        Nice

Comment

Working...
        X