No announcement yet.

New Toolbox suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pretty much decided on the 27" stainless Kobalt set, my I'm trying my damndest to justify the 41" boxes. It's $300 more, but has a power strip with USB jacks, and surely I can fill it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I've pretty much decided on the 27" stainless Kobalt set, my I'm trying my damndest to justify the 41" boxes. It's $300 more, but has a power strip with USB jacks, and surely I can fill it up...
      it never hurts to go big.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        it's a hell of a lot more expensice to go bigger the second time than it is to buy big the first.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          He's in California..
          craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, services, local community, and events

Comment

Never hurts to get a bigger box, more room for future tools. At min you can have a WTF drawer full of nuts/bolts/etc
            Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Harbor freight all the way on a budget. Spend a little time on garage journal and they will say the same. If you have a little to spend find a used truck company box. New craftsman is crap.
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

That's the problem, I know that I will fill it up, I've already got a few wtf drawers in the garage. Plastic bins are cheap, and I'm thinking that the extra $300 would be better spent eventually going towards a big cabinet for the larger tools like the circular saw and dewalts and other big items. There's plenty of rack and cabinet space in my current garage, but it's all wooden piece meal that the previous owner built.

The 27" is already bigger than the one it replaces, at least the top box is, I think I'll need to go put my hands on them to make up my mind.

Comment

I bought the 44" HF thinking it would last me a long time, and it will. Sort of. It was full 3 days later. Plus a couple travel boxes now. If you have the space, go bigger.

Edit: organization will get you a lot farther but once you start it will be an ocd area
                  There's a lot more in that drawer now but you get the point
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Its not OCD to me on tool boxs.

Its about being productive, but being a professional wrencher makes it a little different.

Also, can look at a drawer and say.. where in the hell is my 13mm line wrench
                    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                      At min you can have a WTF drawer full of nuts/bolts/etc
                      That is a decent description of at least half of the drawers in my tool box. Always get a larger size then you think you need if you can afford it
                      -Blaine

Comment

If you haven't bought it yet. I would get the middle harbor freight box. It is built better than the lowest harbor freight box and better than any of the husky or cobalt boxes.

Comment

Working...
                        X