No announcement yet.

Ross Perot died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's the reason I chose to go work for Perot Systems, even though it sold a few weeks after I started...

He was a cooky guy, but loved this country, Texas, veterans, the boy scouts, and his employees.

Comment

Good riddance, his hubris can be directly linked to many of the problems we have in our country today.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

R.I.P Ross
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.

R.I.P to one of the great philanthropists.

Comment

too bad he didn't win
            WH

Comment

Used to deal with him and his sister on a regular basis years ago. Has a impressibly chill dude in person. We wherent friends by any means but he for sure brightened my day when he was around. Rip Mr. Perot, you made my life interesting.

Comment

I liked Perot too...

Chances are our Country would be far better off had he won the run for President , but the dirty and corrupt system ran over him, his choice for VP was awful, his campaign was unprepared to deal with the side show an election turns into as it progresses.

Like Trump, both sides hated him and were annoyed that he dared step in to their arena.

Godspeed Mr Perot.

mardyn

Comment

Wasn't he basically the first to campaign the way it is modernly done? Mass marketing essentially?

I know a lot of people say he is the reason that Clinton won because he stole votes from Bush, however, if you look at the numbers from when he announced he was running, withdrew, and then re-entered the race, it was Clinton who actually lost in the polls.

Comment

Ross was one of the best human beings to ever bless this planet. He literally did not stop trying to help others. He was relentless when it came to that and he did it just like many of us fantasize about doing it if we had the means. He is going to be sorely missed.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Ross was one of the best human beings to ever bless this planet. He literally did not stop trying to help others. He was relentless when it came to that and he did it just like many of us fantasize about doing it if we had the means. He is going to be sorely missed.

Get ready, SVO will be back soon with a ridiculous and wholly unprovable anecdote to prove how very, very wrong you are are.

Comment

Or how he was the one to convince Perot to run for President.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          Or how he was the one to convince Perot to run for President.
                          The way I hear it, he turned down the offer to be VP, and it went south from there.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            Wasn't he basically the first to campaign the way it is modernly done? Mass marketing essentially?

I know a lot of people say he is the reason that Clinton won because he stole votes from Bush, however, if you look at the numbers from when he announced he was running, withdrew, and then re-entered the race, it was Clinton who actually lost in the polls.
                            Perot's big thing was splitting the conservative vote. He needed to have been like Trump, and gone in as a 'Pub. I guess we can chalk it up to lessons learned and this is why we have Trump now.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Get ready, SVO will be back soon with a ridiculous and wholly unprovable anecdote to prove how very, very wrong you are are.
                              All of what he said is true but all men are flawed. His mistake was being so full of himself that he believed he could start a winning 3rd party. Turns out "It is really not that simple".
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X