Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are allowing guild, pre-release creation.

As for char names, it's based on your forum login, which your game login will be based on i'm pretty sure. As for character names on servers, the pre-release folks will get first dibs on creating their character names on each server. Most of the hardcore folk always login to every server and reserve their names with a character just in case.

Comment

The thing I was wondering is, if people are already able to log into the game servers directly and create names, or if the names created on the forums are directly used on the live servers once they go online?

I had no idea about people pre-ordering getting to reserve in-game names, I guess I need to check that out.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        The thing I was wondering is, if people are already able to log into the game servers directly and create names, or if the names created on the forums are directly used on the live servers once they go online?

I had no idea about people pre-ordering getting to reserve in-game names, I guess I need to check that out.

Stevo
        The only way you get to reserve in-game names is during the head start period.

Pre-order gives you X number of days of head start over the general public. Meaning if you can login to each of the servers and create a character as soon as the head start period begins.

My understanding is that the Pre-order collector's edition people will get the longest head start, 6 days is the rumor, then the regular pre-order folks will get 3 days, then regular versions will being play on the decided upon release day, which is still not announced, but rumored to be mid to end of December.

Comment

I havent heard CE people getting in earlier than DD orders, if so that sucks!!

Yeah, no one has been able to get their characters names yet, you just register at guilds using the forum username.

Comment

I've seen it in a couple of places, but basically this is what I've read with different times for pre-launch/headstarts

To all who are going to play SWTOR:

FACTS:

The game is now available for pre-order. www.swtor.com/preorder

You MUST REGISTER YOUR PRE-ORDER ON www.swtor.com

There is a limited number of pre-orders available.

The Collector's Edition is sold out on Origin.com and you may not be able to get it from other retailers

The EARLIER YOU PRE-ORDER the better your chances of playing at or before launch

It will be a "LIMITED LAUNCH"

It will be a "staggered head start": the sooner you pre-order AND REGISTER your pre-order on swtor.com the sooner you get the head start (hence the limited number of pre-orders

If you live in a country that does not have pre-order capability YOU CAN STILL PRE-ORDER IT FROM OTHER SITES (www.amazon.com.us)

BioWare IS NOT PLANNING ON BLOCKING IP ADDRESS AT THIS TIME

Comment

This looks like fun, I just don't have the time for another MMO. Wasted literally years of my life playing a virtual character, not falling into that tarp again.

Have fun fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                This looks like fun, I just don't have the time for another MMO. Wasted literally years of my life playing a virtual character, not falling into that tarp again.

Have fun fellas!
                you just have to learn to budget your time, an hour or two here and there won't kill you. But if you let it run your life, you're doing something wrong anyways

It's just a game

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  you just have to learn to budget your time, an hour or two here and there won't kill you. But if you let it run your life, you're doing something wrong anyways

It's just a game
                  From my experience with WoW, if you want to be even minimally successful you have to budget WAY too much time. I didn't even raid the last two years I played.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                    From my experience with WoW, if you want to be even minimally successful you have to budget WAY too much time. I didn't even raid the last two years I played.
                    I guess it depends on your definition of "successful".

I never played WoW, just didn't get into it. I played Everquest back in the day and Rift recently, and when nothing else was going on, I'd spend a few hours playing here and there. But I was also in a casual guild, that didn't require mandatory times, raiding, etc.

SWTOR was been built to be able to reach max level solo, but also has group based quests available.

Comment

Success in a game is usually measured differently by different people.

Damn, beat me to it.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        SWTOR was been built to be able to reach max level solo, but also has group based quests available.
                        I have heard different. I prefer to solo but I have heard SWTOR rewards for team play. Social points are earned for teaming up and without them I hear its hard to level up.

Thats the main reason I joined a guild.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                          I have heard different. I prefer to solo but I have heard SWTOR rewards for team play. Social points are earned for teaming up and without them I hear its hard to level up.

Thats the main reason I joined a guild.
                          Hmm, I read that while there are Social points earned as you said, it is completely possible to hit max level solo.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            Success in a game is usually measured differently by different people.

Damn, beat me to it.

Stevo
                            Unfortunately in WoW the only way you were successful was if you were, in my opinion, a Gladiator or consistently server first in raiding. Either one requires massive amounts of play time.

I'd rather not play at all if I can't be competitive.

Comment

I will be playing. Been following this game for years and its about time! Which faction you guys going?

Comment

I'm going Sith - Imperial Agent, it maps to the Republic Smuggler

Comment

Working...
                                X