Clear All

• Chili Recipies

post em up
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Google Guy Fieri Dragon's Breath chili.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

No beans!

Comment

Must have beans.

Comment

I made a pot of it yesterday and decided it needed beans. I ALWAYS go sans beans, but this stuff tasted like fucking taco meat you'd make from one of those seasoning packets instead of chili. Goddamn Terlingua cookoff website disappointed again. Guess I'll not be using any of their recipes anymore: 2 tries, two fails. I'll just go back to making the shit I always make.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            That sounds damn good.

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            I made a pot of it yesterday and decided it needed beans. I ALWAYS go sans beans, but this stuff tasted like fucking taco meat you'd make from one of those seasoning packets instead of chili. Goddamn Terlingua cookoff website disappointed again. Guess I'll not be using any of their recipes anymore: 2 tries, two fails. I'll just go back to making the shit I always make.
            I have made it both ways, I was just being a dick and figured I would start up the beans/no beans. I do prefer without beans and most competitions don't allow beans.

Comment

I like a mix of cubed chuck, italian sausage, and ground pork

maybe some venison is available

Comment

I made this yesterday, pretty good.
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                Your opinion is what sucks.
                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Chili recipe?, why not try Chile Rellenos.

Ingredients

* 12 Anaheim chile peppers, charred and peeled
                  * 1 pound Cheddar cheese, cut into strips
                  * 1 cup milk
                  * 1 cup all-purpose flour
                  * 1 egg, beaten
                  * 1 teaspoon baking powder
                  * 1 teaspoon baking soda
                  * 1 teaspoon salt
                  * 1 teaspoon canola oil
                  * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating

Directions

1. Remove seeds and membranes from peppers. Stuff each pepper with a strip of cheese.
                  2. In a small bowl combine milk, the 1 cup flour, egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and canola oil; mix well to make a batter.
                  3. Pour enough oil in heavy frying pan to reach 1 inch in depth and heat over medium-high heat. Roll each pepper in the remaining flour and dip in the batter. Fry until lightly browned on both sides.

I love this one so much!

Comment

I'm enjoying my 2nd attempt at a variation of this right now... Good stuff!

Comment

easy awesome chili recipe i made. i always bring it to work when we have holiday parties, and it's always a hit. i get a lot of complements.

2 hot italian links
                      1lb ground beef (i use extra lean)
                      2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
                      2 cups water
                      1 can tomato sauce
                      3/4 can tomato paste
                      2 tbsp minced garlic
                      2 habanero peppers w/ seeds
                      2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded
                      1 half white onion chopped (you can add more, i just don't like onions too much)
                      3 tsbp chili powder
                      3 tbsp a-1 sauce
                      1 tbsp cumin
                      1 can red kidney beans drained
                      1 can ranch style beans
                      1 chopped bell pepper (optional. sometimes i do it, sometimes i don't)

1. brown all meat with all the fresh veggies and add the worcestershire sauce.
                      2. put all the rest of the ingredients into a large pot then add the cooked meat/ veggies and mix in the two cups of water.
                      3. cover, and simmer on low until desired consistency is reached. you can add more water periodically to achieve longer cooking times to allow for a better flavor blending. (i usually simmer for an hour, add more water, then simmer until the desired consistency is reached)
                      4. salt and pepper to taste.

Comment

i'm trying to find a good crock pot recipe. i have a couple of pounds of deer meat im going to use but i know it's going to be too lean. i'll probably suplement with added fat and red beans.
                        Last edited by momo; 11-17-2011, 07:55 AM.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

This was on the other site and tried it, modify it to your liking but its the best I've ever had.

Ingredients
                          • 2 lb. coarse ground beef
                          • 3 tablespoons olive oil
                          • 2 tablespoons butter
                          • 1 large green bell pepper
                          • 1 large Texas yellow onion
                          • 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
                          • 3 heaping tablespoons Gebhardt chili powder
                          • 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped fine
                          • 1 green fresh jalapeño pepper
                          • 1 tablespoon sea salt
                          • 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
                          • 5 cups water
                          • 4 ancho chili pods
                          • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
                          • 1/2 cup all purpose flour

Preparation
                          Heat the 6 cups of water in a saucepan. While this is heating, roast the
                          ancho chili pods under a hot broiler for 10 seconds on each side. Remove
                          the pods and when cool enough to handle, remove the stem and shake out
                          any seeds. Place the pods in the water that has come to a boil, cover and
                          remove from the heat. Let steep until later in the recipe.

In a large stew or chili pot, add the oil and butter. When hot, add one of the
                          meats listed above. Brown the meat on on a medium high heat, stirring often.
                          While the meat is cooking, peel the onion and dice into 1/4-inch pieces and
                          remove the stem, seeds, and membrane from the bell pepper. Also dice the
                          remaining outer skin into 1/4-inch pieces.

When all the pink has disappeared from the meat, add the onions and bell
                          peppers and stir in well. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic and black
                          pepper. Again, stir well.

Add the flour, a little at a time and stir to mix well. Reduce the heat to
                          medium and let cook for 5 minutes. It will be normal for some of the flour
                          to stick to the bottom of the pan. Slowly add the broth that has the ancho
                          chili pods in it. Scrape the bottom of the pot with a spatula and now add the
                          tomato sauce and the jalapeno pepper (remove seeds for less heat).

Stir to mix well, reduce to medium low and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 to
                          2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Check and stir every 30 minutes,
                          making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to keep from
                          burning. Remove and serve in a large soup bowl with crackers and/or
                          jalapeno cornbread.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                            i'm trying to find a good crock pot recipe. i have a couple of pounds of deer meat im going to use but i know it's going to be too lean. i'll probably suplement with added fat and red beans.
                            You can add a lb of 73/27 and it will help drastically. My buddy down the street does venison chili all the time, and that's what he does.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You can add a lb of 73/27 and it will help drastically. My buddy down the street does venison chili all the time, and that's what he does.
                              i was trying to stay away from adding actual beef to it.
                              can i just add some fat to it? something like duck, bacon or brisket fat? (although duck fat would cause that miller high life man come remove me of my beer).
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X