Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Frankford Arsenal 7.62 Match Find

Thought I'd share this with the group,

About a month ago my brother in law called me and told me a guy he bass fishes with in Florida had some 308 ammo he was wanting to sell from his dads estate. Ended up buying 10 boxes still in the ammo can sight unseen for 3$ a box (no that's not a typo). So I make my spring trip south to find out it's as named in the thread title, 173 gr Frankford Arsenal 7.62 Match 1963 mfg. Heck I figured that's pretty good for some plinking with my LAR 308 even though it seems to like 168gr.

Well I just got another call, the guy had 20 boxes left but the price is now 5$ a box, needless to say I said sure I'll take it I'll be getting that batch next Monday

Sorry for the novel,, I'll keep my fingers crossed that each of you may run across a similar deal, it sure seems that decent deals are hard to find these days

Are you wanting to shoot it or collect it? I'd be wary of 50yr old ammo personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
      Are you wanting to shoot it or collect it? I'd be wary of 50yr old ammo personally.
      I've shot 7.62 argentine, 8mm and 7mm that was much older than that and of lesser quality as well. I won't hesitate to chamber it up and pull the trigger on it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with 50 yr old ammo so long as it was stored properly... If stored properly, ammo should stay good pretty much indefinitely...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Nice find. Random across a very similar deal on 30-06 in December

Comment

Working...
          X