Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best? Drag strip for just having fun/testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best? Drag strip for just having fun/testing?

Of all the Texas drag strips out there, which ones do y'all enjoy the most when it comes to actually running the track, be it for the hell of it, or test/tune purposes?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    Of all the Texas drag strips out there, which ones do y'all enjoy the most when it comes to actually running the track, be it for the hell of it, or test/tune purposes?

Is Prairie Hill still open?

Comment

I personally have never been to a drag strip. Seen several up close, but I've never seen a race or ran down one. Finally got a vehicle relatively worthy of track time, but I don't wanna waste time and money going to a shit track.

"We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I personally have never been to a drag strip. Seen several up close, but I've never seen a race or ran down one. Finally got a vehicle relatively worthy of track time, but I don't wanna waste time and money going to a shit track.

It's major boring shit.

What kinda ride did you get?

Comment

Cedar Creek is the most laid back track you can run. They don't have a single fuck to give out there, everyone is chill, barely any rules, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            It's major boring shit.

What kinda ride did you get?
            2017 Focus ST

Comment

Took mine out to Xtreme on a Saturday and had a good time. Was laid back and for a Saturday was not busy at all....

Comment

Cedar creek, easily.
                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Cedar Creek is fun just to see what the hillbillies race...riding lawnmowers, golf carts, 4 wheelers, tractors... name it. I don't like that dip about half track if it's still there.

Comment

What about 1/4 mile tracks?

Comment

What about 1/4 mile tracks?

Ennis is pretty much your only option, and they barely have test and tune any more.

Comment

I was just fixing to post about googling Ennis. They do have a monthly "street night" or whatever the fuck it's called. $30 to race and fits my work scedule.

Unless they're a bunch of dicks down there.

Comment

Ennis is bar far the best track around here and the only 1/4 track near DFW. DownHALLSVILLE is a good track, but I don't think its open anymore?
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I was just fixing to post about googling Ennis. They do have a monthly "street night" or whatever the fuck it's called. $30 to race and fits my work scedule.

Unless they're a bunch of dicks down there.

No, they're not dicks. I've raced there a couple of times and it's a nice track. They have a pretty strict tech, but it shouldn't matter with what you've got. I miss Dallas Raceway, especially since it was only a 10 minute drive from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                              Took mine out to Xtreme on a Saturday and had a good time. Was laid back and for a Saturday was not busy at all....
                              Is this the one that was just built around Ferris off I45?
                              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X