Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Flood vehicles...
    I don't think I'd buy any rebuilt anything down that way because of all the flooding that took place last year. Especially newer, more electronicky vehicles.

Comment

lol that photo sums up my region

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        What is IAA?

Where did your brother find his?

I get what you mean about flood vs wrecked if they aren't actually flooded. I don't want the electrical gremlins. As far as wrecked goes... I only want to buy it already repaired. Don't have good enough body shop contacts.

Suggestions on researching particular vehicles? I k ow sometimes googling VIN will give a little info but not always. I don't think you can totally trust carfax or autocheck. Both have their advantages. Autocheck will actually report damage found at auction where as carfax will hide it.

IAA is insurance auto auction, I have made lots of money on some of there turds.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          There is an entire industry of lowlifes that buy totaled cars at auctions and rebuild them as cheaply as possible. Typically they sell them to illegal aliens or out of the country. I wouldn't take one with a rebuilt title like that if you gave it to me for free. You would have to be a fool to buy one like that.
          I dunno man I bought a Civic that was a rebuilt for ass end damage and that thing ran forever. I treated it like crap and it was still good to go. I took it and had my mechanic look it over prior to purchase and he said he couldn't even tell why the ins company would have totaled it.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            I dunno man I bought a Civic that was a rebuilt for ass end damage and that thing ran forever. I treated it like crap and it was still good to go. I took it and had my mechanic look it over prior to purchase and he said he couldn't even tell why the ins company would have totaled it.
            Depending on the year that's all it took to total one haha.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
              Depending on the year that's all it took to total one haha.
              True. This was in 02 and it was a 99. My dad's buddy got it at the auction and fixed it up and I bought it from him for $1800 haha. I kept it til 09 I changed the oil once every 10k miles and didn't take care of it for shit. I bet that thing is still running.

Comment

i love it when people try to get top dollar for a rebuilt titled car

Comment

Working...
                X