Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any FEDEX guys on here, got a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any FEDEX guys on here, got a question...

Living in the sticks has its challenges. Im used to FEDEX leaving stuff at my gate , but my new place gives that a whole new meaning. Got my first ground shipment this week from Jegs.. Driver left it at the entrance to my private road. and not at my drive. The entrance to the private road is 3.5 miles from my house.. I'd kinda prefer stuff be left a little closer..
    In contrast, got a Summit order, they shipped LoneStar overnight (no extra charge mind you). Order was in my driveway in 24 hours...
    Anyway, should I bitch to Fedex or suck it up... He's gonna be pissed, Ive been buying all kinds of shit coming every other day fedex..I know the ground guys are contract and kinda on their own.. If I could catch the guy in person, I'd give him a 12 pack and ask for the better delivery..

Leave a 12 pack with a note at the spot where you got the last package.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

In my experience a lot of rural fedex drivers are contractors. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with our Fedex ground guy because he's illiterate, dyslexic or just stupid. For some reason he can't tell the difference between my address 4273 and 4723 1.5 miles down the road. After the guy leaving $2000 worth of tools and fishing rods over 3 different deliveries in the same week I called fedex and complained multiple times. I actually got a call back from the route supervisor out of Sherman and things seem to have been addressed. I'd definitely call. At some point your neighbors might want your stuff more than you do and pick it up out on the road.
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

My old ground guy was out of Sherman. He was an ass. I was in Blue Ridge, so I was the southern part of his area. If he didn't have anything out my way, he'd let my package ride a day. He'd key it in "couldn't find address"..
        Ill see what happens. I don't wanna start a war, im signing up for SMS alerts , at least my stuff won't sit long

Comment

First world problems! Walk out there and get it it’s good excercise

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
            I've had a lot of trouble in the past with our Fedex ground guy because he's illiterate, dyslexic or just stupid.
            ... and/or just plain lazy.

Comment

They are all contractors for ground. Id just call fedex and ask to speak to the contractor owner and explain the problem. You could just complain at Fedex directly but that just hurts a business owner that has no idea that his employee did that. My friends own a route in the Azle area and they say the country deliveries are hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                They are all contractors for ground. Id just call fedex and ask to speak to the contractor owner and explain the problem. You could just complain at Fedex directly but that just hurts a business owner that has no idea that his employee did that. My friends own a route in the Azle area and they say the country deliveries are hard.
                All of this

Complaints are cumulative since its a contract but serious infractions will void their contracts

OP I have seen Pickup toolboxes secured to fences and mailboxes just to provide safe spaces for large deliveries. Another option is to have it held at a FedEx location or wherever there is FedEx lockers. The lockers allow for odd hours pickup

Comment

Yeah, my Dad had been a driver for a couple years but handled routes in Mckinney and Greenville. He is not lazy, but they have 125+ stops to make and spread out miles apart (UPS drivers tend to have a lot more). Given that they have to be at certain places, at certain times for pickups their time is limited. If they know what to do, they'll do it but in a case where it may take them 15-30 minutes to figure out...

...although, if I'm reading the OP's post - the package was not delivered to the address, just essentially left it on the road. The only suggestion I have to put up a sign saying to deliver at x spot you want it at.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Consider 30 clowns decided to build house 3.5 miles deep into the woods and you have to deliver shit there. That’s 7 miles x30 210 plus all the other miles you have to drive to deliver shit. Look at it this way the guy could have said fuck it and just left it on the truck. I used to do that if people played games. Shut the door and go on to the next one nobody has time for that. Calling in on the mailman or delivery guy won’t do shit for you except make things come reallllly slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                      Consider 30 clowns decided to build house 3.5 miles deep into the woods and you have to deliver shit there. That’s 7 miles x30 210 plus all the other miles you have to drive to deliver shit. Look at it this way the guy could have said fuck it and just left it on the truck. I used to do that if people played games. Shut the door and go on to the next one nobody has time for that. Calling in on the mailman or delivery guy won’t do shit for you except make things come reallllly slow.
                      Lol 210 miles is only like 4 hours....wtf are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Lol 210 miles is only like 4 hours....wtf are you on about?
                        4 hrs wasted driving up and down peoples long ass driveways. It wastes a lot of time
                        Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 08-17-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

If I was the driver I'd tell you to keep your 12-pack and let all the other stay at home moms know there shit gets there when it gets there

Comment

Leave each beer every few feet like breadcrumbs to the spot where you want him to leave the deliveries. Then have a note explaining how you would prefer this to the end of the road spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              My friends own a route in the Azle area and they say the country deliveries are hard.
                              That's what she said

Comment

Working...
                              X