Crossfit Open 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfit Open 2015

Yeah, I know Crossfit sucks. Get over it. The Crossfit Open is here. First workout of the open:

15 Toes to Bar
    10 Deadlifts (115lbs M/75 W)
    5 Snatches at the same weight

As many reps possible in 9 minutes.

For people that do crossfit or at least indulge in it, are you gonna do it? For those that don't....try it.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

129 reps/ 240 on the weight first try.
    134 reps and tried 250 twice and couldn't lock it out over my head. Pretty deflating.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

208 reps scaled - 155 c&j at 155lbs

I'm ok with it.

Comment

Not bad at all man, good job.

Comment

Crossfit Open 2015

Thanks. I'm nursing a double herniation so at least I'm keeping my cardio strong! You had a damn good C&J after all that work! My forearms were trash!

Comment

It was brutal, I can't fathom why people criticize Crossfit so much. Coming up on 3 years strong and counting.

Comment

I don't understand why people judge something they don't have any idea about. Granted there are some boxes where coaching isn't the best, but for me, it's been incredibly rewarding. It's really not for everyone.

Comment

I was gonna ask too. Why the crossfit hate around here? Not my bag, but to each his own.
                WH

Comment

Because there are a lot of sketchy gyms that don't deserve to be training people but do because they paid their affiliation. Plenty of good gyms out there as well so you will get answers from both sides. I see both the possible rewards and possible high risks but no need to trash either side.

Comment

I'm 34, I'm In the best shape I've ever been in my life. Pretty active and competitive my whole life. Because of Crossfit.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                      I'm 34, I'm In the best shape I've ever been in my life. Pretty active and competitive my whole life. Because of Crossfit.
                      It's the entire cult like lifestyle that accompanies crossfit.

First rule of crossfit? Tell everyfuckingbody about crossfit.

Comment

I don't really talk about it, I'm happy with my accomplishments. Even go to a normal gym, were normal people work out. It's annoying that people knock what others do. I ran a mile on a treadmill (7:06) and watched a guy do the same movement on that one machine the entire time. I choose not to bash him, instead wonder if he's making "gains".

It's annoying watching people who clearly could care less, are making fun of a healthy lifestyle. I think Crossfit is here to stay, like it or not. It's not going anywhere.

The people who do Crossfit are genuinely nice people. Maybe if they're rude or make fun of "the normal" gym rats, could be more acceptable in the fitness world.

Comment

Cross fit gets a bad rep because at least 25% of the people are massively annoying about it. There's an arrogance about the workouts as if they're supreme workouts... But its mostly because those annoying 25% have never been in great shape from the other programs out there. Furthermore...all of the early cross fit completely ignored form and encouraged reps over good form.

It is a good workout, and very tough...but damn it has some annoying people. Its like a church youth group in a gym with too much preworkout. No conventional lifters talk so much about it with silly terms.

But I'm all for people being in shape so if it works...keep at it. Just dont tell me about it.

Comment

Redid my 15.1-1A

133 reps and 250 on the weight. Top 1500 on the lift in the region. Yeah buddy!

Comment

So conventional body builders look down on cross fitters?
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X