Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Lawn Thread

Any chance we can get a sticky?

It seems we have random lawn threads pop up each year, how to treat this, when to do that. Lets combine them all into one thread. Post pictures of your lawns, post pictures of your problems, ultimately, it gives ZEMOG one place to look to help all of us fools out!

My yard is starting to green up already and thanks to the work I put in last year, so far it looks like my crab grass is under control. Only one or two stands made it through the winter in my primary treatment zones from last year. The back yard is still shit. Nothing but weeds back there, I'm hoping that they don't choke out the nice stand of bermuda I had established last year that was beginning to spread. I still have a significant drainage issue, though I'm hoping to make some headway with that this spring as I set up the flower beds around the patio.

I'm planning to put my first treatment of weed killer down tonight before it rains. I cut the front yard for the first time on Tuesday, bagged it to help keep weed spreading to a minimum.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I still do TruGreen going into my 3rd season with them and I have no weeds popped up as of right now. I left my lawn fairly tall last fall and just scalped it last weekend after it started to green up. No complaints, I'll post some pics in a few weeks when it's looking good again. Compared to this time 3 years ago when I had nothing but weeds in my front yard, I'm glad I stuck with it. I do all the work myself that trugreen doesn't (mow, edge, flower bed weed, etc.) and I think my yard looks pretty damn good in the summer.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

So far, my weeds are minimal in the back. I have a few large ones that I spot treated this week scattered front and back. I just have a plush front lawn right now from the winter rye. Time to start cutting it shorter and shorter. I'm hoping the pre-emergent I put out limits my weeds this year. I have a bad stand of nutsedge that I fought most of last year in the front. It looks like a golf course right now in front. Hope it's that way in 2 months when the rye is gone.

Comment

I treated the whole yard with weed b gon today. I figured $10 to treat the whole yard, it was worth a shot. My front yard is in good shape, minimal weeds compared to the last 2 years. My front side yard is filled with them, though the front where I've had decent grass growing was my primary focus. The back yard, my be a total lost cause and require killing everything and sodding. Time will tell..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Shit, I must have taken a long nap.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Shit, I must have taken a long nap.
            Lol, not sure what I was thinking!

Comment

I quit on my yard. Just don't care anymore. Cancelled all my services. Now I'll just now it and call it a day. Shit drove me crazy to the point where I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                I quit on my yard. Just don't care anymore. Cancelled all my services. Now I'll just now it and call it a day. Shit drove me crazy to the point where I don't care.
                noted and forwarding to the HOofA

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  noted and forwarding to the HOofA
                  Lol they don't do shit anyway.

Comment

I got the first bitching out of the season from the HOA last week. I have bad issues with broad leaf, dandelions, and so forth. My neighbors don't care about their lawns, so caring only costs me time and money. So I just mow it, and hose down active areas with roundup.

Comment

I have a large yard and would like decent grass, but so far no luck. Just weeds. Fuck.

Thinking about hiring someone to spray a pre emergent, but no clue what I'm doing. I probably should have done it last fall, but missed the boat on that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        I know that's right!
                        For some odd ass reason, in my last three houses the front yard does great, no weeds and the few that do pop up I can just pull out or throw some death juice on them, but my back yards are nothing but fucking weeds of all types that grow on this planet.
                        This year I paid the guy that does my yard to laydown some pre-emergent when he scalped a week ago, thats all they get and I don't care what happens during the summer. The guy across the street doesn't do shit and his yard looks decent, so I'm gong that route. I'm not spending anymore extra monies and fuck THE HOA!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                          I have a large yard and would like decent grass, but so far no luck. Just weeds. Fuck.

Thinking about hiring someone to spray a pre emergent, but no clue what I'm doing. I probably should have done it last fall, but missed the boat on that.
                          Starting last year would have been the way to go... but you can still get after it now. As I've said before, I pay trugreen so that if and when I see A WEED I can call them and tell them to come kill it. I pay the $50 ish per visit, so in between I make them come out as much as I need them to in order to stay ahead of it.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

For you do it yourself folks, if you have Bermuda, the best thing to kill weeds is MSMA..It's not labeled for residential use anymore so you can't buy it off the shelf.. BUT, if I was wanting some, I bet a fella could find some on craigslist...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              For you do it yourself folks, if you have Bermuda, the best thing to kill weeds is MSMA..It's not labeled for residential use anymore so you can't buy it off the shelf.. BUT, if I was wanting some, I bet a fella could find some on craigslist...
                              https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/grd/6033347977.html
                              It can still be bought at rural feed lots!

Comment

Working...
                              X