No announcement yet.

Anyone have an eBike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently looked into replacing my Gary Fischer 29er (retail close to 1k) with a newer 27.5" bike, preferably carbon and full suspension but wow, prices are insane.

Even a decent hardtail is now close to $2000 and when i did the bikebluebook basically it said my own bike was worth like 60 bucks in EXCELLENT condition. It's retarded so i stopped even bothering to look into it further.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      I recently looked into replacing my Gary Fischer 29er (retail close to 1k) with a newer 27.5" bike, preferably carbon and full suspension but wow, prices are insane.

Even a decent hardtail is now close to $2000 and when i did the bikebluebook basically it said my own bike was worth like 60 bucks in EXCELLENT condition. It's retarded so i stopped even bothering to look into it further.
      Yeah, bike prices are absurd, but what I don't know is if at this point in time, is it due to the "run" on them as a result of the lockdown, or have they been this expensive for a while now?

Either way, the cost of entry is a bit steep, so I've had to learn the hard way that if you're remotely serious about riding with regularity, that you're better off spending the money upfront on a quality bike than rushing into the purchase and getting a pos.

Comment

My Mac tool dealer has been taking about bicycles and riding the trails (he lives in Sanger and he and his son hit up stuff around Ray Roberts). He was telling me about bike prices and ebike stuff a few weeks ago. I'd considered buying something to ride to work (7-9 miles depending on the route 1 way) to get some exercise and to ride around the back roads around the house. The e-bike adds a nice incentive with the ability to maintain a faster speed since some of the ride would put me on a couple small highways, but it's hard to justify the cost of quality stuff when I have 4 vehicles and 2 streetbikes at my disposal to be lazy with. I also look at the time I leave work. Depending on work load it can be as early as 6 pm and sometimes after midnight.

I could definitely stand to lose some weight and the exercise benefits would be nice. I'm to lazy to go to the gym and love being outdoors. Living in a rural area makes a bicycle and easy fit, but I have a dirtbike and 4 wheelers that don't get ridden enough either.

Comment

Since the cost of an e-bike is around 2500-3500 bucks and a "decent" full susp bike is close to the same cost, i can totally see why people are getting ebikes because bike prices have gotten insane.

There is absolutely no reason a good mountain bike should cost that much anymore.

Comment

Meh, I just get some Diamondback and call it a day. I don't see the appeal of spending thousands of dollars on shit like this.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Him and I are cool, I don't think he'd ban me. That little shit Donsvo would though.
              We are cool, but if DONSVO gives me the green light, a ninja has to BAN!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                We are cool, but if DONSVO gives me the green light, a ninja has to BAN!
                I'm gonna have to go across the street and Hwoop his ass, then.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___uNJArR-I

Comment

I thought I was slick.com
                  JITB 15mins?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___uNJArR-I
                    So you’re gonna come over and become lead-enriched fertilizer for my wife’s plants when BOOSTED bans you? Tell me more. I’m interested and slightly erect.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      So you’re gonna come over and become lead-enriched fertilizer for my wife’s plants when BOOSTED bans you? Tell me more. I’m interested and slightly erect.
                      I’m gonna go over there and beat your dick off in the middle of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        JITB 15mins?
                        Wasn’t being too slick. Just posting the source of my hwoop reference before one of yall calls me an idiot for misspelling something.

Comment

Originally posted by don svo View Post
                          so you’re gonna come over and become lead-enriched fertilizer for my wife’s plants when boosted bans you? Tell me more. I’m interested and slightly erect.
                          lmbo!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by craizie View Post
                            wasn’t being too slick. Just posting the source of my hwoop reference before one of yall calls me an idiot for misspelling something.
                            lmao!

Comment

I’m gonna go over there and beat your dick off in the middle of the night.
                              Your going to jack him off?

Comment

I don't know about those nice expensive ones, but I had looked at the (motor in wheel) setups to convert a standard bike. Just for the sake of tinkering, it looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X