Minor dealer rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor dealer rant...

Got the oil changed in my 6.7 power stroke. Looking at the bill tonight, There's the following charges:
    $10.49 for "shop supplies"
    $1.95 for "Document storage fee"..
    Bad enough the labor for the change is 59.95, but damn, nickel and dime a guy..

Do the other speedy change places charge that? I'd definitely bring it up to the mgr. It might be their policy but at least make him try and explain what counts as 10 bucks in shop supplies and what ever in the hell that doc storage fee is.

Comment

ONLY reason I take to dealer is because its in warranty. Figure its easier to deal with them if Ive had them do the maintenance. Had it changed in Marble Falls and it was $30 cheaper.. They're not killing you on the oil and filter at $80. (its 13 quarts).
      I probably should just do the changes myself and keep my receipts.

Comment

i would bring it up to the manager as said. what is a doc fee on an oil change? did you charge me for a receipt? shop supplies? i used 10.95 in fluid for the rack going up?

i understand taking a diesel to the dealer. hard to deny my power train when i have mileage stamps every time i brought it in for the factory intervals.

dealers are struggling to make the same money they made five years ago. it will only get worse.

Comment

My wife took her 2013 Escalade into Cadillac for a oil change a few weeks ago because i didn't have time. It was $90 but then they told her her front shocks are leaking, $1580 and also her brakes need to be changed, $540. Lucky she knows better and say no, less than $500 for the shocks and the pads have plenty of life.

Another story...
          She drove it for a week and was complaining of a noise coming from the driver side shock, so yesterday i put it back on jacks, pull the tire and re-torque the bolts. Everything was tight, then i see my 3/4 deep shock in the engine bay thats been bouncing around for a week. Bad thing to happen to a aircraft mechanic.
          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

dealers suck. my bride had her chrysler 300 serviced by brunner since new. 1st problem. idiot lot lizard left the oring gasket on the block. blew all the oil out of it going to work the following day. 2nd problem , idiot failed to put the oil in it.
            needless to say the car never went back for service. 3rd problem , took it in for airbags recall after 8 years . next day the horn quit, then starter problems. the ecm was fried and they wanted 1500 to fix. told them it was their problem not mine so they proceeded to charge 160 to tell me that. didn't pay it . replaced the ecm for 275 and a starter for 57.00.
            fuck dealers and their lot lizard crew .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              dealers suck. my bride had her chrysler 300 serviced by brunner since new. 1st problem. idiot lot lizard left the oring gasket on the block. blew all the oil out of it going to work the following day. 2nd problem , idiot failed to put the oil in it.
              needless to say the car never went back for service. 3rd problem , took it in for airbags recall after 8 years . next day the horn quit, then starter problems. the ecm was fried and they wanted 1500 to fix. told them it was their problem not mine so they proceeded to charge 160 to tell me that. didn't pay it . replaced the ecm for 275 and a starter for 57.00.
              fuck dealers and their lot lizard crew .
              Our 2014 200 went into the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer we bought it from for the airbag module recall. Arranged it all online by appointment (my preferred way) and arrived to find blank looks from the service writers, but were told that fortunately they still had one in stock. No biggie, got it done in a reasonable amount of time. When the car was almost brand new took it there for OEM window tint, went to pick it up and there was a scratch on the right rear door from what looked like the install tech's belt buckle. They would have said and done nothing had we not done a walk-around before starting it up to take it home. Haven't used them for anything else yet so unfortunately I can't come up with anything positive to make up for the negatives.

Comment

Fuel surcharges should be hitting starting after Memorial Day for the rare place that might have stopped charging it. It'll be the perfect storm. A hurricane in the gulf, holiday weekend and switching to summer blends.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  I probably should just do the changes myself and keep my receipts.
                  This right here, and snap a pic of the ODO with a date stamp.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sounds like some of you use shitty dealers.

Same dealer changes the oil in our vehicles every time and they have for years. If I bought everything off the shelf it would cost $12 less using the exact same oil and filter. I call that $12 worth it while I'm having coffee waiting on them instead of hauling the oil container to recycling. They've also never tried to up-sell me a thing.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the dealership techs. I recently took my Mustang in for the airbag recall and they forgot to put the plugs back in the steering wheel that cover the bolts. I found them in the shift boot. They were also badly gouged. They offered to give me a free oil change. I told them, if I can't trust you to ale 2 plastic plugs off and losen 2 screws, how can I trust you on an oil change. I do my own oil changes on my boss 302 and have had to argue with parts guys about what oil and how much it takes.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Years back I took my Mach1 to a local Ford dealer for a within-manufacturer's warranty replacement of leaking rear shocks. Got a call from the service department stating that they were aftermarket and were thus not covered. Told them that the Tokico rear shocks were indeed stock equipment from the factory, but their tech "with many years of experience" countered that they were not. Finally got them schooled on the issue, had them replaced, and never set foot in that service department again.

Comment

What do you expect? The dealership's service department #1 goal is fuck over every single dipshit who is unlucky enough to have to deal with them.

Comment

They don't call em the stealership for nuthin. Trying to tell you your car is broke when it isn't. They heard what shady mechanics do, and decided they like their style.
                            WH

Comment

And, the mother f@#@%rs buy their parts from Oriely sometimes. I just happened to be in there on day when the service guy came in to pick up parts. I thought, well that's a bunch of bull shit.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X