Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Boooooooooooo!
    We tried earlier but something in the ecu or my relay box did not want to work with us. Car wouldn't start...no injector pulse. James left and I got it running 30 minutes later. Seems to be good now but I used up my baby sitter today. Gonna try for Saturday morning.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Lame!!

Nice wheels
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        you better be more specific real fast or you might be careful where you watch the video.
        ill watch it with shaun, he loves that type of shit

Comment

• Damn weather is really impacting me hard now. All I need is a dry street or 2 but NO, shit has to be all wet and stuff.

Hopefully the gods will show favor on us and grant us some sunshine to get James over here so he can do his thing.

Comment

• Big thanks to Paul (greenbullit) and DJ (baron von crowder) and James (dville) for helping me work through the issues this car has. So much fun.

So much closer today. We had to power through a BUNCH of little problems before we could even begin to tune this pig.

First of which, the damn injectors would not fire all 8. We would get 1-4 to fire but nothing out of of 5-8. Then we checked all sorts of ####, plugged it back up and 5-8 would fire but not 1-4. Chasing out tails, we checked continuity to the ecu and power sources and we were all good. Turned out to be, when we tied to pin out the Holley (GM push to seat type) plug for the injector harness, we opened up the prongs on the female side for the 12v power reference. Once I found it, easy switch. This is why I love and exclusively use Duetsch plugs/pins. You can pin them and not have to worry. Why I kept the Holley plug in place in favor for a 12pin Duetsch, I still don't know. It is fixed now and she fired right up and ran crisp.......but not before we had to..........replace a battery.

Second major issue is the charging and battery power. We killed a red top Optima and bought another....the first one will get warrantied out tomorrow.

With the new battery in place and the injector problem fixed, we drove around the block with my buddy James (www.ls1tuner.com) driving and working the magic on the laptop at the same time. I noticed that the volt gauge was not moving at all. I jumped out and checked the breaker in the back and sure enough it was tripped. This is on the battery box coming from the alternator. We got about 300yards and it had to have popped again. Jumped out but it wouldn't reset this time. Cheap breakers. So we limped back to the garage as quick as we could on battery power. Luckily I had a ANL fuse holder and fuses. I swapped the 200 amp breaker for a 200 amp fuse and off we went. This time it tripped the breaker near the alternator. Certain that I wasn't having a short to ground, I tried to replace that breaker also. However, my clevor aZZ put it in such a place that I couldn't do it. So I ran ANOTHER 1/0 wire from the alternator, between the cowl and hood, and inside the window and connected it with another ANL fuse/holder for a temp fix.

Back to driving, we got around the block a few more times without anymore charging issues. We got some tuning in and the car started to respond very well to his changes.

Came back to the garage to button it up and take it to the dyno and that is when trouble hit AGAIN! Now she won't start. Battery has low voltage even though the alternator was charging and it is a NEW battery. We couldn't even get it jumped off with his dual battery truck. Something is seriously wrong and I am the one that F-cked it up.

I couldn't waste his time anymore and there was zero sense in fighting it to get it to the dyno only to have it not charge again. We fixed a lot of stuff today and I need to give him a better product to start with. James went home and I got to scratching my head...while the new battery sits on a charger/tender.

Comment

• That sucks man. Youll get it all ironed out. Until then it looks bad ass.

Comment

• Batteries want to act like assholes? Fine. Now there are 2.

I am waiting on some cable ends and a dual battery mount before I can finish it up.

Breakers to replace fuse. Together in parallel this gives me 400amp protection.

Chief mechanic.

Here is what the fuses looked like

Comment

• Dang she's getting big!!
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    Dang she's getting big!!
                    Thanks.

The starter tested fine but I can justify stuffing a vatazone 4 year old starter back in. I called Powermaster this afternoon. A starter is going to pull 300amps on a hot motor. We were doing that past a 100amp ANL fuse. Problem solved there with 400amps of breaker. Powermaster agrees. He approves of my 2ga from the 1/0 junction block but of course says stepping up to a 1/0 there also wouldn't hurt.

So tomorrow my new Powermaster mastertorque mini starter will be here and so will the rest of my battery terminal lugs. I am not sure when my battery tray/hold down gets here but that can be done after the rest of the wiring is done anyways.

Comment

• Chipping away...

New starter came in and I got it installed. That was fun. I thought it would be smaller. Nope. But it is clockable.

I had to stud the top bolt and finger fish the nut in there along with the ground cable for the block and heads.

I replaced the 4ga starter cable with a 1/0ga.

Added a 1/0ga ground cable to the alternator direct to the battery.

Then I couldn't resist test fitting the BBS wheels. It is gonna be tight without a spacer.

The back spacing is around 6.25" vs the 5.95" of the Cobra Rs

Comment

• Dont forget about tire deflection under lateral load.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Dual battery bracket arrived. It is built so you can either run dual or split them. Painted it, went and bought the fasteners, put it in the car and built some cables.

Got my abs plastic sheet too. Just need to cut it down and start mounting.

Comment

• New starter
                            Replaced 4ga with 1/0 from junction block to starter
                            Replaced alternator charge wire breakers with fuses
                            Grounded alternator to battery with 1/0
                            Replaced main power fuses with breakers
                            Put in 2 batteries

Spins fast (new power master starter), fired up and alternator charging battery at 14.3v at 1050rpms.

Comment

• Is the one wire regulator for your alternator working ok? I thought you posted you had a problem, so I was waiting before ordering one.

Comment

• hey Keith, do you have a full sized extinguisher in your car? Nothing to do with the wiring or anything, lol. The reason I ask is you've had so much time and money into this car. I've known people who had the same, but never thought to put an extinguiser in their car (or had a too small of one) and had to watch their ride burn to the ground in front of them. It's always been a fear of mine. I just got to thinking, and wondered.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X